Netflix to raise price to stream

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had Netflix for years but as the service has continued the perks have been getting less and less, the streaming used to be mostly crap but their DVDs were great, new releases relatively soon and it was fast as hell to get it. Now, the new releases seem to be slow to get and there seems to be less available. The streaming is no different than premium cable and the best is usually on the STARZ network channel which I already have.

It is a teacher's best friend because I can get newer kids films for parties or rewards without having to actually buy them but the cons seems to outweigh the pros. I'll have to see what my bill jumps to before continuing, I might have to drop out August 30th.

Got the email. My plan will go up $4 per month. I'm unsure whether or not I'll keep it.

The first time they raised prices in January, it wasn't a big deal for me, but now that they are raising prices TWICE in less than a year and its almost a 60% increase for the basic streaming+1dvd package, I really can't justify keeping netflix for myself.

humm ive ,as of yet not received any email...

Just checked the account though,,, and low and behold it does say its going up,,may just keep the streaming with no DVDs,,for 7.99

Last edited:
I have no clue what to do. I use streaming but I have a bunch of what I stream. I'm just too lazy to get the dvd/bluray and put it in. :lol So I may cancel the streaming and just get the dvd/blurays. *sigh.

can't believe the panic this has brought. LOL. $5 a month, you'd think it was $50.

This coming from a penny pincher. $5 is nothing.

I have about 100 movies in dvd and 125 in my instant ques to watch on different devices so Netflix is worth it to me.

Streaming is constantly improving and I like the service enough that $5 more a month won't kill me. I'll just have to be more frugal elsewhere to balance things out.

This coming from a penny pincher. $5 is nothing.

I have about 100 movies in dvd and 125 in my instant ques to watch on different devices so Netflix is worth it to me.

$5 is nothing when we're talking about the 100s if not 1000s of hours a year we all watch tv.

I never had Netflix, but signed up for the free month today and just spent the last 6 hours watching Pawn Stars :lol

can't believe the panic this has brought. LOL. $5 a month, you'd think it was $50.

It's not so much the money, it's the fact that when I do want to stream something, more often than not it's not available. If I could watch what I wanted to, I'd pony up the extra $4-$5, but I'm certainly not going to reward them for providing a half-assed service.

I never had Netflix, but signed up for the free month today and just spent the last 6 hours watching Pawn Stars :lol

Pawn Stars comes off so staged, but it a great show.

And Netflixs has saved me so much money. I hardly buy any dvds or blurays anymore.

Right now I have the unlimited streaming and two Blu-Rays at a time and it looks like my bill will go up about $5. Honestly though, I really don't mind. I don't have a satellite or cable subscription and I'm not getting stuck with video rental late fees and so far I've never run out of things to watch. I still think as of right now their service is a steal. I almost felt dishonest for getting what I was getting for what I was paying for it.

Pawn Stars comes off so staged, but it a great show.

And Netflixs has saved me so much money. I hardly buy any dvds or blurays anymore.

I'll probably cancel. I don't know why I can't be grandfatherd into both for my current $9.99 rate. I mostly get DVD's as streaming selection is thin, although getting better, but if I go streaming I don't want to not be able to rent DVD's that aren't streamed yet.

Like I said, I think they lost me as a customer. Redbox it is.

Back