Neo from Matrix . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love the sculpt as it is, i'd be 100% happy if it came like it is now! I'm all for touching areas up though if the sculptor and customers think it needs it.

For anyone who is getting this, you should look into getting the new enterbay metal stand it will be able to hold the figure in some awesome aerial poses:)

Those stands are excellent. I made the mistake of buying the Enterbay Goku figure and the stand was the best thing about it. It's the only stand I own that I would leave a figure in a flying pose on without fear of it tipping or collapsing.

Those stands are excellent. I made the mistake of buying the Enterbay Goku figure and the stand was the best thing about it. It's the only stand I own that I would leave a figure in a flying pose on without fear of it tipping or collapsing.

..while i made the mistake of buying Piccolo:lol:slap , looking back i wish i had kept the stand when i sold him:( , but i may buy one again sometime:)

Hey everyone,
thanks for all the comments.
I have taken into consideration many of your concerns.

The hairline part (yes it is slightly off centered), I went for this hairstyle the most:
matrix.jpg

And so I had that one long piece of hair in the front cross over the center. (perhaps a bit too much)

however, this can easily be fixed (even if the sculpt is dry). All Sean Ho has to do is sand off the uneven side.
Sean Ho will be helping me out with many of the accessories and touching up this sculpt.
I'm sure with his paintjob, he can make the hairline problem better as well.

Regarding the mouth expression,
I did notice that almost 80% of my reference pictures of Neo had his mouth slightly opened. (some of you mentioned this)
However, a slightly opened mouth never looks too good when he has his sunglasses on,
and ALSO, it difficult to paint well (experience from the Brad Pitt sculpt and Bruce Willis sculpts).
I've decided that a closed mouth was best for these reasons.
This would be the reference picture I used for the mouth:
front34.jpg

After sculpting him for 70 hours, I believe his eyes and mouth are actually the most critical parts to his likeness.
I've seen the HT version, the Gentle Giant version, and the Headplay version and
they all have varying hairstyles, hairlines, NOSES, etc and yet they all look somewhat like Keanu Reeves.
I believe in order to really make his likeness stand out, the eyes and lips have to be as accurate as possible,
which is what I tried to concentrate on the most. I trust that Sean Ho will be able to bring out more of the likeness with his awesome paintwork.

Sean Ho will receive the sculpt inhand in a few weeks and
I have given him permission to make any changes as he sees fit, based on some of the comments.
I'm hoping he will be able to edit the hairline issue.

Regarding the Jawline-part. I struggled with that area for HOURS upon hours.
I literally spent almost 6 straight hours sculpting and re-sculpting those areas.
I believe it's quite correct at where it is right now, perhaps the way I sculpted the neck is distracting
(I'm not too good at sculpting necks).
However, Kato.E has mentioned that he wants the head sculpt to be NECK-LESS for this figure and so we'll see how that turns out in casting.

We are currently in the process of searching for the right hands to use for the figure (the new HT Bruce Lee figure hands would be great...)

and we may be able to bring the cost of the figure down if we can include some already made weapons with the figure.
If not, Sean Ho will be sculpting them to be movie-accurate.

The list so far:
INTEREST/ Priority Contact LIST
**If you are interested in the head sculpt, no need to PM me, they will be
available on my website https://sunohc.com/store as usual in May.

1. Andymp
2. MarfMaster
3. Platty
4. Levit05
5. marker2037
6. LordAzrael
7. malo

Outfit Set Only **deposits will be required
1. Cheungkinmen
2. tuck2197
3. YoNoSe *jacket only

**please let me know if you want on or off of the list.

Hope all of this helps, if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to mention them.

Daniel :)

Good to know about the hair Daniel. Can't wait to see a painted pic. Can I ask why Kato wants you to do this neckless? IMO it won't look right with a HT neck post as most heads usually look better with a sculpted neck unless a muscle body is needed. Since there's no need for the muscle body, I'm curious as to why you'd go the no neck route.

Great stuff Sunohc. I think another key thing to his likeness is the almost green-ish clean shaven look. That's very noticeable in a lot of scenes.

This is awesome, thanks for putting me on the list!

Thanks for the update Daniel! That's great that Sean will have the opportunity to make some minor tweaks, but after looking at the sculpt more, I really am happy with it :)

I sincerely hope however that the figure will not be offered with a neckless sculpt, or at least let us have the option :pray: Sculpts on neck adapters are a big turnoff to me :(

Good to know about the hair Daniel. Can't wait to see a painted pic. Can I ask why Kato wants you to do this neckless? IMO it won't look right with a HT neck post as most heads usually look better with a sculpted neck unless a muscle body is needed. Since there's no need for the muscle body, I'm curious as to why you'd go the no neck route.

It is because the head with neck never look naturally when it turns sideway.

It will be something like the neckless sculpt of HT Tony stark in Mark 4 and Arnold in T1 and T2

And I think Sean will paint the head according to the TT Advance skin color as well.

It is because the head with neck never look naturally when it turns sideway.

It will be something like the neckless sculpt of HT Tony stark in Mark 4 and Arnold in T1 and T2

And I think Sean will paint the head according to the TT Advance skin color as well.

Hey Kato,

that sounds like a pretty good reason. I did send Sean Ho the sculpt with the neck, and the bottom of the neck still has to be edited for the HT body.

However, perhaps we can offer both versions (neckless and without neck) when people purchase the pre-order?
Maybe we can have pics of comparison as well so people can see the difference?

As usual, those who send the payment as a gift will receive an extra unpainted head, however, the issue is having Sean Ho paint it for the full figure (which version?)

btw Kato,
Sean Ho has still not replied back to me since...?

Hope this helps,

Daniel

Looks great, but a little aged. Not quite sure if the wrinkles from his nose to his mouth and on his forehead are necessary. It's especially apparent in the bottom-right corner of this collage:

https://sunohc.com/sculpts/neo/collage2.jpg

Likeness is great, it's mainly those aging marks that are a tad distracting. Eager to see it painted up and suited, though!!

I must admit, i definitely prefer heads with necks, though I suppose it wouldn't be that bad with the high collar on Neo's coat? Either way i'll be happy but just to give you my opinion I prefer with neck :D

Interested too
But I would prefer with the neck too with the collar!

i wanna see how its gonna look with and without the neck...i agree with Kato that it will look awkward in some stances...i may also buy more then just 2 HSs tho...:)

Just to remind who want the with neck version will be unable to post naturally like that :
neo-in-matrix_1024x768_18457.jpg

Back