Need For Speed Movie Yo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD18_92

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if there was a thread on this... Anyways its happening, and its staring none other then Aaron Paul!!! This wasnt really on my radar but now its jumped to the top of my list! Yea *****! :yess:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/breaking-bads-aaron-paul-joins-need-for-speed

"Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul -- a.k.a. Jesse Pinkman, *****! -- has signed on to star in DreamWorks' big-screen adaptation of Need for Speed.
Based on the EA game franchise, the film will be directed by Scott Waugh (Act of Valor). According to EW, filming will begin early next year on the picture for a Feb. 7, 2014, release.
Written by George and John Gatins, the script is said to be inspired by the overall game series as opposed to one single title. Details regarding the film's storyline are top secret at the moment."

NFS 1, 3, and High Stakes were the only memorable entries. I didn't like any of the console versions that fell into a ripoff of "Fast & the Furious." The stupid suped up cars and illegal racing. Bleh.

Aaron Paul sounds interesting. I wonder how different it'll be from F&F though.... There's already 5 of those and I think Vin Deisel is one of the reasons it's endured even that long.

This jumped to the top of your list? Really??? lol

And I don't have a problem with Paul Walker. Running Scared was a fun flick. And atleast he isn't shoved down our throats like Vin Diesel.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrJWUVoXeM]Need for Speed Official Trailer (HD) Aaron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

This actually looks like the games. The good ones. Exotic locales. Nice cars. Cops chasing them and such. Don't care to see it but I'll give them props for marketing it differently than F&F.

It looks a lot less stupid then it should. So I don't know.

Good assessment. It makes me wanna reinstall High Stakes on my desktop. Wonder if it runs on Windows Vista. As for the movie, I'll wait to hear what people say about it. Looks pretty well made. Not a lot of CGI in your face. Real cars on real sets are always a good thing. Haven't seen all of the F&F movies, but weren't some pretty video game looking?

They've started spamming the youtube ads now. It does look like the games right down to the camera work, they could be cutscenes but the overall story seems thin or at very least this trailer did an atrocious job of giving it to us in any compelling way.

What I wouldnt give for a Duncan Jones/Neil Blomkamp and Valve teamup. A Half Life and Portal movie or even a proper Legend of Zelda. So many video games and it just seems like no one gets that it's all there waiting to be made into successful movies. Even Doom could have been great if they could just get the studios to take it seriously which is why I think Valve has the best chance having stated they would do it "inhouse" like Marvel has. Frankly the comic films are getting really stale and I'd welcome the new genre.

Games were plain fun, adding story to them was a crime against logic.
Not to mention that this is just an attempt to catch the tail of FnF, kinda-NFS movies.

Last edited:
They've started spamming the youtube ads now. It does look like the games right down to the camera work, they could be cutscenes but the overall story seems thin or at very least this trailer did an atrocious job of giving it to us in any compelling way.

What I wouldnt give for a Duncan Jones/Neil Blomkamp and Valve teamup. A Half Life and Portal movie or even a proper Legend of Zelda. So many video games and it just seems like no one gets that it's all there waiting to be made into successful movies. Even Doom could have been great if they could just get the studios to take it seriously which is why I think Valve has the best chance having stated they would do it "inhouse" like Marvel has. Frankly the comic films are getting really stale and I'd welcome the new genre.

I agree with this post. Don't know if he'd do it, but a Neill Blomkamp directed Half Life movie would be magical. It's got pretty much all his tropes.

Back