Need advice from collectors, Project Triforce is a joke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

side

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Folks.. I am not a crazy collector yet, do not know much from companies to companies, the longer I wait more uncomfortable I feel.

Anyone here have ordered/preordered from this company? I ordered the Batmobile but for some reason they got cancelled, MAD :mad: and last year NYCC Goliath statue, they said it would be out by July 2015, this is over a year already, 2015 NYCC a few days later. Are they just putting new items up for preorder but will never make them, walk away with our money? After searching online, they have tons of complaints and bad reviews, needless to say, I will not be doing business with this company again, if I don't see my statue in mail this month I decided to call for my money back. Anyone else ordered the Goliath here?

Well.... SSC Jango Fett was the same way. Shown at SDCC14, was not there for SDCC15, and finally got shipped to my door last week.

Maybe you should contact them and ask them?

Personally I've had great experiences with them, I no longer order directly from them anymore but that's only because of high shipping costs from FedEx. I have 4 of their Mass Effect Weapon Replicas and except for a few minor issues they are very high quality. My first order was the predator pistol exclusive, they send me the regular version by mistake, when I brought this up to them they sent me the proper one right away and let me keep the other, 2 for 1. I had a slight issue from my Avenger rifle which I bought used on ebay, and despite not buying directly from them when I met them at Toronto Fan Expo a few years back, they got back to me in a week with a fix and gave me some gears of war art prints as well. As for pushing release dates back, most companies I order from whether its Sideshow, Gaming Heads, ARH, or Gentle Giant, they all seem to do it frequently. Most of the online complaints seem to be about their cancelled collectors editions which may or may not be their fault.

@jban3786, thanks for your advice. I do buy regularly from Sideshow and few direct company like you do, none of them are doing business this way. If that's not for that Goliath I would not go for them anyway, prices are usually higher than similar statues too.
Seeing all bad feedback of them makes me worry of my money that spent, their customer service sucks, every time they just try to ignore my questions. I have just thrown in my feeling of this company, be kind, and don't go crazy, that's just my 2 cents.

BTW, they sent me an e-mail letting me know that the Goliath statue will not ship until late first quarter of 2016, so you might not be seeing this statue until April next year...just a heads up.

BTW, they sent me an e-mail letting me know that the Goliath statue will not ship until late first quarter of 2016, so you might not be seeing this statue until April next year...just a heads up.
I will email them one more time, if that's the case I'll cancel my order, understand some times companies are slow now these days, but looking at 18 months is very unreasonable. The Nightwing I was thinking about to order like 2 years ago, now its showing Estimated Ship Date: 2nd Quarter 2016 WTH?
Thanks for the heads up folks!

I just hope they can send me my refund after this NYCC week asap. :impatient: Saw this on their Facebook page, make me so worry now.

Originally Posted on their Facebook page, beware folks.
This past July (2015), I arranged for a three-month layaway pay plan for an existing Tri-Force Batman Arkham City Batarang Full-Scale Replica that had been marked down from $750.00 to $450.00. I arranged the plan with team member Peter de Leon thru my Visa credit card. The first $150.00 instalment was withdrawn by Tri-Force on August 1st with the second $150.00 installment following on September 1st. I called de Leon last week to confirm how the statue was to be shipped as the final payment was scheduled for October 1st.

I was told de Leon had been transferred to another department and was thereby directed to another team member (James) who reluctantly admitted that the Batarang had been sold-out for quite some time and that they had not gotten around to notifying me about their faulty warehouse inventory status. Yet, they never hesitated to continue taking money out from my credit card for an item they knew was no longer available. I remained calm and said that I expected a prompt $300.00 refund to my credit card. I was then informed that, due to company policy, Tri-Force did not refund any monies on layaway items. I asserted that, considering the aforementioned item was unavailable, I was fully entitled to a refund. I was then told that James would have to discuss it with his supervisors but that he would get back with me the next day. Several days passed without any contact from Tri-Force and I could see the writing on the wall.

I contacted the fraud department with my credit card company and reported what had transpired. I then was alerted by Visa yesterday morning (10/2/2015) that Tri-Force authorized another installment from my credit card but this time for $200.00. I was forced to close out my credit card and have a new one issued to prevent those bozos from attempting any more fraudulent charges. I tried to contact James but to no avail. I subsequently left a message on his answer machine. He later called me back and apologized and said he knew nothing of what was going on...that he and his cohorts were preparing for the 2015 New York Comic Con and, gosh, they were really busy with that....

Needless to say, Visa assured me that I will get all of my money back after they take legal action but it never should have gone this far. I will let you people be the judge as to what this "reputable company" is all about. I've already formed my opinion.

William J. Stier

Back