NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tankman has been talking about resculpting himself....also they already reissued the alien twice...why the formal announcement then referring to the last alien as having previously been offered but that we.d be happy with whats in store...not verbatim....

Yes tankman wants to redo the Alien but its up to NECA after all.
Tankman made his own Queen sculpt but yet NECA dont want to release it until maybe next year.

The actual announcement of a new 18" alien talked about paint app thats all.

Just posted on NECA's website about a re-release of the 18"er:

"From the 1979 original Ridley Scott film, we’re preparing a release of the 1/4 scale Alien figure. This is the classic Xeno, with the clear dome. Yes – a gorgeously gross Classic Alien that stands over 22inches tall and is fully articulated."

"We’ve done a Classic Alien 18-Inch Action Figure in the past, so expect improvements including the enormous figure packaged fully assembled and this Xeno will have new and improved deco over the original release from 2008."

Sounds like it will have a better paint job, but no actual re-sculpting.

Maybe you are right, but saying " we have done A classic alien in tbe past...."
Sounds as if they are detached from that alien ... In addition to kyles wanting to redo the head in particular and saying that the "cut" joints will be gone in another post, sounds like its new...

I wondwr if the p1 will simply be placed on the new base body w different armour feet etc....

The jaw and dome needs redoing which would be a lot more work then just joints.

Actually, putting in the new hip joints à la P2 involves a lot more work than re-sculpting the dome and fixing the positioning of the jaw.

I'm quite sure we'll see a newly sculpted Giger alien, the re-sculpting of the Cameron alien which has already been announced will surely serve as basis for the Giger alien. The legs and abdomen/pelvis are pretty much the same in both designs.

Tankman, if you're around today, (I also posted this question on the Roswell Sano thread), are you resculpting the Neca Alien even if partially? Can we get a sneek peek of any work in progress?

I thought NECA has already confirmed that the figure will be re-tooled, come fully assembled and stand at around 22"?

I thought NECA has already confirmed that the figure will be re-tooled, come fully assembled and stand at around 22"?

So did I, but some folks on the boards are under the impression its just a repaint....but neca.s tease sounds like its a significant event ....so I wanted clear confirmation ...of you can find a quote thatd be helpful...sometjing that states clearly what the changes will be...

from what I heard it will be a retool, they said it will have a better articulation than the previous one. Looking forward to his.

Has there been any word on a release date on it? I'm thinking about picking up the one that's out right now. Should I wait it out? I might pick one up that would be about 90$ shipping included.

This is incredibly exciting. I'm psyched they're totally coming through for us the way they talked about years ago.

1/4 scale ALIENS Warriors is going to put me back a VERY pretty penny, but if the joints are right I'll be in Xenomorph heaven until I fall and impail myself on one of them (my prefered way to go anyways).

ALSO, some of you are suggesting they'll take the Queen sculpt into consideration, which I hadn't heard about before reading it today. Not surprised someone offered to sculpt the prototype, good job man!:clap

I read on twitter that the new line will get pushed back to 2013, they're focusing on the Prometheus line and some other stuff.

Well we know we'll get a retooled Xeno if it appears in the Prometheus sequel.

I might have to go buy the current one for now and flip it when the newer one drops.

I want a big Queen in the 7" Format.
A 22" Aliens blue Warrior and a 22" revisted (unvisible Joints, correct Dome Paintjob) Big Chap.

Back