NECA The Original Superheroes Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostBeard

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread about this line but wanted to share the new NECA The Phantom figure I just picked up at Wal-Mart. Haven't unboxed yet but appears to be a perfect Phantom figure in this scale.
IMG-5902.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-5900.jpg
    IMG-5900.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
NECA aren't really interesting to me anymore. They used to pride themselves on getting the unobtainable licences.

Unfortunately now they are 95% TMNT and their main representative is an ego maniac that blocks any and all critiques of their product. I'm only keeping tabs on them this year for the 40th anniversary Thing line and if they finally got the Blade Runner license.

Other than that, their output is mehhhh.

NECA aren't really interesting to me anymore. They used to pride themselves on getting the unobtainable licences.

Unfortunately now they are 95% TMNT and their main representative is an ego maniac that blocks any and all critiques of their product. I'm only keeping tabs on them this year for the 40th anniversary Thing line and if they finally got the Blade Runner license.

Other than that, their output is mehhhh.
Their horror figures are pretty good. I'd say, Neca is more like

40% Predator
40% Alien
20% Horror
15% TMNT
5% Everything else

NECA still releases a pretty wide range of figures in my opinion. A line like TMNT has to be hugely beneficial to them as well as collectors because it’s got a hardcore fanbase, which will drive profits and make other lines possible.

I didn't realize people had animosity towards NECA. I imagine Flash Gordon, Mandrake, Ming and The Phantom appeal to a select number of collectors, but for those people who are fans these figures might be a welcome alternative to the same old crowd of characters seen in this scale.

Back