NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NJ

Blackwashing a piece is simply taking black acrylic paint watered down to about the consistency of milk and brushing it on a piece, then using a cloth to remove most of it from the surface. It sinks into the recessed areas making the details more pronounced.

Thanks mate! I will be sure to try to it out

Got my Striker Eureka Figure today:) as soon as I opened it, the left leg joint was broken:'( Have to return it back to Amazon and hopefully get my Dinero back. Anyone else have any issues with these figures?

veqagy8e.jpg

uge2a7yn.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer. :(

I haven't opened any of mine yet. Guess I should get on that. I was debating whether to just return my 6" figures and stick with the 18" line.

Bummer. :(

I haven't opened any of mine yet. Guess I should get on that. I was debating whether to just return my 6" figures and stick with the 18" line.

You have the room for them:thud::lol

Striker is pretty cool looking figure, if they ever release an 18 incher of him. IT WILL BE AN EPIC FIGURE!!!:woo

It's most likely the same kind of production error that plagued the elbows of Elder Predator back in Pred series 3, brittle plastic in the joint due to the wrong mix or air bubbles or something like that.

18" Striker would be crazy, it's most likely I would say if they continue that line. Other than Trespasser, I really don't know what Kaiju they could do - can you imagine a 18" scale Slattern?

My Striker leg broke. Same leg, same way, except my inner joint pieces stayed in and it was a clean one piece break. Luckily Bbts had an extra to replace mine with, so I'm waiting on that. Hopefully it doesn't break too, but I'm not holding my breath.

I got mine from Amazon but from a third party seller. Hopefully they'll give me a refund and wait for the BD Striker.

Last edited:
Was hestiant to pay $150+ for the 18" Gypsy Danger, but found it on TRU (thx all! :D ) for $99 + got my daughter a My Little Pony for $16 so, with the 15OFF coupon, paid $107 shipped for the two.

Can't wait to add this to my office collection!

Was hestiant to pay $150+ for the 18" Gypsy Danger, but found it on TRU (thx all! :D ) for $99 + got my daughter a My Little Pony for $16 so, with the 15OFF coupon, paid $107 shipped for the two.

Can't wait to add this to my office collection!

Thanks for the tip bud! I just ordered mine! With 15OFF, it was $95 and some change. I just hope that mine gets to me without any issues per quality control. and stays together after I take it out of the box. These pieces seem way too fragile or dare I say, cheap.

Last edited:
I was watching a Review of one of the figures on YouTube and the Reviewer mentioned why the quality was bad on series 1. Supposedly Walmart wanted the exclusivity from NECA. That's why they were somewhat cheaply made/looking. The deal fell thru and NECA had to do some quick adjustments on series 1, although it didn't work out so well.

Sorry if this was mentioned before.

I was watching a Review of one of the figures on YouTube and the Reviewer mentioned why the quality was bad on series 1. Supposedly Walmart wanted the exclusivity from NECA. That's why they were somewhat cheaply made/looking. The deal fell thru and NECA had to do some quick adjustments on series 1, although it didn't work out so well.

Sorry if this was mentioned before.

Really? I don't think Walmart has ever offered anything from NECA, I doubt they would go for Pacific Rim… sounds like a baseless rumor to me :dunno

In any case, it was a gamble for NECA so I understand they didn't want to risk a lot of money on these, that's why there were low runs and limited articulation.
When it became a success, it was pretty clear to NECA that they had a hit line in their hands. That led to the development of Series 2 and Series 3 and now upgraded Knifehead as well as 18" one…
If this were Star Wars, I would definitely see it as a crappy move by NECA, but this is Pacific Rim, a new franchise, out of the "blue" and with little to no support from WB. So, this is it, take it or leave it!

Anyone have their Gipsy Danger ship from TRU yet?

Mine shipped yesterday. Scheduled to arrive Tuesday, though UPS emailed me to ask if I wanted to pay them an extra $4 to get it one day earlier. I declined, I like to pet the crippled mule they usually use when he shows up.

Really? I don't think Walmart has ever offered anything from NECA, I doubt they would go for Pacific Rim… sounds like a baseless rumor to me :dunno

In any case, it was a gamble for NECA so I understand they didn't want to risk a lot of money on these, that's why there were low runs and limited articulation.
When it became a success, it was pretty clear to NECA that they had a hit line in their hands. That led to the development of Series 2 and Series 3 and now upgraded Knifehead as well as 18" one…
If this were Star Wars, I would definitely see it as a crappy move by NECA, but this is Pacific Rim, a new franchise, out of the "blue" and with little to no support from WB. So, this is it, take it or leave it!

dunno if true but if neca got the license and instead of giving it there all half-assed it cuz they were unsure it would be a hit is lame. :slap

Why are people paying like $200 for GD, a second shipment is coming in 2 months. :lol

I am a little disspointed they announced the new 7" knifehead like 2 days after the 18". Why aren't they using the new one's sculpt for the 18" sans the Blue blood paint?

Back