NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was prety shocked last night when I checked Amazon and saw him for 250.....from Toy Anxiety! Boo!

Hopefully there will be plenty to go around!

Look up hot wheels, and there will be a race track for $1.24. Add to cart and checkout! Enjoy your cheap gipsy!

I would like to see some action poses of him before I buy, or is posability that limited?

You guys are lucky, my TRU's have had the same garbage figures on the shelves since September there is just more of it now :gah:

Ex, Rambo, breaking Bad and The Walking Dead :slap

I 'm really hoping they get the new stuff after Black Friday otherwise this holiday season will be a complete bust collecting wise! :slap

BTW, the last time I saw Neca Pacific Rim figures at my TRU was a week before the movie came out in the theaters. Haven't seen any since

Careful with Gipsy Figure, seems too top heavy and the leg Joints aren't too stiff to support the weight. I heard I loud THUMP and there he was ........on the floor. He managed to take down 2 NECA Robo's. Nothing happened to Gipsy and 1 Robo but the other one had some damage. Nothing a little superglue can't fix :D

thanks for the hedz up, got my TRU gypsy as well...along with a 2.98 hero clix set lol....wish i would of seen the race track....can't beat 1.24!
now the wait.....and once it arrives, opening the shipping box to see no packing material.....lol! just a dented up gypsy danger box.....

thanks for the hedz up, got my TRU gypsy as well...along with a 2.98 hero clix set lol....wish i would of seen the race track....can't beat 1.24!
now the wait.....and once it arrives, opening the shipping box to see no packing material.....lol! just a dented up gypsy danger box.....

It'll be the sought after Package Damaged exclusive :) j/k hopefully it'll arrive safe and sound:)

Last edited:
I'm putting some 18'' gipsy up tonight on my site as preorder and will also put pacific rim series 3 :)

Last edited:
A local dealer posted this on their Facebook page:

"Neca Gypsy Danger 18inch 2nd Run Preorder!!!!"

So NECA ate their words. Money speaks louder LOL

Now those who missed out don't have a reason to feel bad twice!

They must plan for this to come out about the same time Knifehead does, which makes sense. It is surprising still, considering Randy said there would not be another run as little as two weeks ago. Money talks indeed!

Can anyone with the 18" Neca Gipsy comment on the paint job? Does it look plasticky?

I have the Striker from Sideshow on PO and plan to display these together. Obviously, the Sideshow costs 3-4 times as much, but was wondering if they will look out of place - ones an action figure and the other a statue?

I freakin jumped on TRU deal! I'm so glad that they got it before BBTS, I got to save a lil bit plus another figure.

I will be cancelling my long due pre order on BBTS if anyone wants to grab it. :)

Free Shipping from TRU plus $15 off when I buy something else I was going to get anyway? Thank you, YoNoSe and Toys R Us, for canceling the NECApocalypse.

Saved $7 over my bbts order, thank you!

:duff

Eat a bag of ***** scalpers. ;)
:lol

Hopefully CP can stop whining now… :lol

Yeah...probably not, though. :lol:peace

Can anyone with the 18" Neca Gipsy comment on the paint job? Does it look plasticky?

I have the Striker from Sideshow on PO and plan to display these together. Obviously, the Sideshow costs 3-4 times as much, but was wondering if they will look out of place - ones an action figure and the other a statue?

Paint is flawless....its almost 3A quality.
Realistic to say the least.
Totally not toyish in any way.

IMG_20131123_164659_zpse447fd1a.jpg

Last edited:
Paint is flawless....its almost 3A quality.
Realistic to say the least.
Totally not toyish in any way.

IMG_20131123_164659_zpse447fd1a.jpg

Thanks ! I see that you have quite a number of toys/statues from the background of the pic, so I'm sure you are more experienced than I am in this area :clap

Gonna hit up the PO then

Can you guys enlighten me what a blackwash is? The before and after pictures of the chest reactor sure did a lot of difference - looks much better IMO

Blackwashing a piece is simply taking black acrylic paint watered down to about the consistency of milk and brushing it on a piece, then using a cloth to remove most of it from the surface. It sinks into the recessed areas making the details more pronounced.

Last edited:
Back