NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m curious what the licensing fee is compared to other franchises. Mezco’s Michael isn’t any more than their Freddy or Jason. Either they are spreading the costs out among other figures (or over charging some to under charge Halloween) or the licensing fee isn’t quite as bad as NECA is making it out to be. If it meant a $35 instead of a $20-25 figure, I think people would be willing to pay that at this piont to have a good ‘78 Michael. If it meant a $50 figure, then they might be right about the price being to high for most people. A slight price bump would be complete acceptable given the licensing complications but not knowing what realistically the price would have to be to make it happen is what NECA start telling us. Not necessarily a crowd funding campaign but something like Hasbro’s Sail Barge where a certain number of confirmed pre-orders, at a certain price, during a designated time period might be the way to go. Let the people show their support and see if it is truly large enough to make it worthwhile. :dunno

Mezco's Myers is at a much higher price range around £70-80 though. For the price point they want to do it at, Neca and Akkad just can't come to an agreement and that's probably not going to change anytime soon.

I don’t think NECA is willing to go above $25, they work hard to keep that ceiling and even if Myers would mean $10 more, I just think they don’t want to go there. They still have to guarantee X sales to justify it.

Akkad wants lots of $$$$ for more than what it would be profitable for neca. If neca did accept akkads offer whatever that may be they probably would profit. But then again we really don't know. What I do it sums down to this. When neca had the license back in 04 Moustapha Akkad was still alive. In 07 Neca went through Rob Zombie to make the Halloween remake figures. Then in 2018 Neca went through Bulmhouse to get the rights for the new movie.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don’t think NECA is willing to go above $25, they work hard to keep that ceiling and even if Myers would mean $10 more, I just think they don’t want to go there. They still have to guarantee X sales to justify it.
Yeah and they would have ppl bitching about it being 10 more. Hell I'd pay 25 -50 more if that meant we'd get ultimate Loomis,Myers Laurie and Myers from all the other films.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, I'm excited to get Halloween figures out of NECA, regardless of which film they're from, NECA makes the best looking Myers of any company.

What a grail collection it would be to have all of the 78 characters on your shelf.

My favorite Akkad quote was “eye lawv dis Mikool Mi-urs” lol

Last edited:
I watched Halloween 2018 again the other night, found a decent cam copy online, I actually like it more after a second viewing. It still has flaws that make you cringe at moments, but that's pretty much every Halloween sequel.

I watched Halloween 2018 again the other night, found a decent cam copy online, I actually like it more after a second viewing. It still has flaws that make you cringe at moments, but that's pretty much every Halloween sequel.

I'm actually afraid of saying anything remotely positive about it in the other thread now for fear of lynches. :lol

Though considering certain folk's taste in horror on here, I haven't really committed any sins. :chase

:monkey3

I'm really eager to get this figure, I can't wait. While Michael was not 100% '78 Michael, the shatner mask and modeling motion off Nick Castle made and overall enjoyable depiction and lighting was really well done. Plenty enough to make a figure desirable for me.

Hey Maul, dumb question here: when we say stalking do you mean there weren't enough POV shots of Myers stalking his victims in the same vein as the original?

Would stalking class as what he was doing during the motion sensor scene (pretty cool scene tbh) from behind the tree watching that poor guy who was friend zoned?

The motion sensor light scene is probably the closest thing to it, but what I consider the Myers stalking trait, and what JYE is on about, is how much Michael lurked around before actually hurting anyone in '78.

After escaping Smith's grove, Michael only killed the tow truck driver right away, and out of need for clothes, after that, prior to killing Annie, there were countless shots of him just watching over his prey.

- Watching Laurie through the Myers house front door.
- Watching Laurie walk away from the Myers house from the sidewalk.
- Watching Laurie from parked outside the school.
- Watching Tommy outside his school.
- Driving by the girls walking on the street.
- Watching Laurie and Annie from behind the bush near Annie's house.
- Watching Laurie from the clothes lines outside her house.
- Following Laurie and Annie in the car on the way to babysitting.
- Watching Annie behind the tree out front of the Wallace house.
- Watching Annie from multiple points outside of the Wallace kitchen.
- Watching Annie outside the laundry room.
- Watching Annie from behind the station wagon as she brings Lindsay to the Doyle house.

After killing Annie, he continues.

- Watching Bob and Linda in the living room.
- Watching Bob and Linda in the bedroom.

Once he kills Bob, then things pretty much take off and he just goes after people, his only real hiding moment at that point being in the dark before he comes out and cuts Laurie's arm.

The '78 Myers is like an intelligent hunting animal, stalking it's prey and waiting for the prime kill. In the 2018 movie, he's more like like a wild bull on the run that happens to be killing people on his path of rampage.

It's a bit ironic that with all their efforts to retcon mistakes of the sequels, one aspect the other sequels had that they lost was the lurking/stalking. No sequel was a match for '78 in that department, but they featured it to varying amounts.

Ah so that's you meant. I guess they could have done more of that stalking but then you'd get people saying it's just copying the original even more. One thing that hasn't changed is his habit of leaving his trophies on full display to cause maximum distress and fear though.

If anything, this version is like an evolved veteran predator that just wants to kill/hunt who it chooses as its food as he hasn't eaten (killed) in a long time. 40 years without feeding would be like 40 years without booty for some. :lol

One of things I noticed in this was just how incredibly strong and resilient Myers was for his age. At 61 he's taking crowbars to the face like nothing, then smashing the other guy's head in to give him a crimson mask. Not quite Tyler Mane Myers level of physicality but still deceptively strong for his age.

On second viewing, when he and Laurie have their scrap upstairs amongst the manequins -- which did take me by surprise bit as I forgot which side he was going to jump out at -- and she goes to slice him, his reaction and timing to dodging then nullifying her wrist is so damn precise. Granted, Laurie may not be the most efficient in knife combat despite obviously practicing for many years for his escape, but a 61 year old man reacts like he's in his 30s still when it comes to reaction time.

I think it just goes to show you that Myers is just a natural born killer from birth, and the most efficient one out the bunch. Yeah I'm looking at you Freddy, Jason and Ghost face. :lecture

Back