Prop NECA Gremlins 2 Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine. The paint work is a little sloppy but i expected it to be a lot worse. To those who have this, are the seams where the arms connect to the body so badly done as mine?

Congrats on getting your gremlin :)

The seams looked just the same on mine, and the others I've seen..

I just got mine. The paint work is a little sloppy but i expected it to be a lot worse. To those who have this, are the seams where the arms connect to the body so badly done as mine?

Got the same thing here, and some other bad things.

Looks like NECA did a better job with the paint application on the green version.

Looks promising :)

..But let's see how the final product will turn out. It might need a little 'touch up' like the brown one, hehe.

neca_green_gremlin_puppet.jpg

Congrats on getting your gremlin :)

The seams looked just the same on mine, and the others I've seen..

Thanks Freak! Yeah, from what ive seen, i guess youre right.

Got the same thing here, and some other bad things.

It does look a little sloppy. I too have some other issues, but the most noticible is an air bubble right on the eye....

Looks like NECA did a better job with the paint application on the green version.

Looks promising :)

..But let's see how the final product will turn out. It might need a little 'touch up' like the brown one, hehe.

neca_green_gremlin_puppet.jpg

This one does look a bit better. But youre right, lets just wait for the final product. I really hope that this one doesnt have the same issues as the brown one. And yes, a little touch up wouldnt hurt :)

Looking forward to seeing in-hand pics of the green Gremlin. I'm torn. I don't know which paint variation I like better. BBTS had the green one up for pre-order again very briefly the other day. I waffled and it was gone.

I perfectly understand you - If I didn't already own the brown one, I would be torn too. I like both versions of gremlins in the movie, but with these replicas, it looks like green is the winner, paint-wise. Especially if you're going to display it as it is out of the box. I think the brown ones were rushed out, and the green ones will be a bit more detailed and accurate. But let's see how they look once they're shipping..

I'm getting more and more certain I'll get the green one, think they'll look cool together :)

Too bad about BBTS. I'm hoping EE will have them up for pre-order sometime soon. Their pre-order price last time was great.

Looking forward to seeing in-hand pics of the green Gremlin. I'm torn. I don't know which paint variation I like better. BBTS had the green one up for pre-order again very briefly the other day. I waffled and it was gone.

That was the preorder I cancelled in "substandard" packaging. When you cancel a preorder from BBTS it immediately goes up for sale again. I already had a preorder from urban collector that I forgot about. I can't cancel that one since urban collector keeps a percentage of cancelled preorders. I think I had to put so much down and I wouldn't get it back. If I don't like it I'll just sell it.

I really hope this is better than the brown version with that bright orange face. I got rid of mine because the more I looked at it the more I hated it, but I do like the color scheme of this more. I imagine it will be just as sloppy (unless they got enough returns on the brown one to do a better job), but the orange face on the first one is what I couldn't stand the most.

So, any ideas when the green ones will ship? I saw the pic of the green one on some foreign website and it said something about 2013. I'm really surprised at how fast the preorders sold out on this version, even before any pics were available. The brown version was available forever considering the edition size.

Last edited:
It's a shame we never see anything cast out of the gremlin molds from the first film. Probably destroyed long ago. What does a resin kit of Mohawk go for nowadays?

Most of the Gremlins props were destroyed or simply deteriorated. I guess whatever they were made from was designed to be functional during filming but not to last.

Here's one that was restored, but it doesn't have any legs:

gremlins-1984-original-prop-puppet-owned-joe-gremlins-puppet-yourprops2.jpg-89164d1333321781

Entertainment Earth got the green version up for pre-order for $229.99 :) Their estimated delivery date is November this year.

I've only seen preorders for the green one at bigbadtoystore and urban-collector, but they're both sold out now.

Maybe more places will have it once pics are available.

Yeah, I was hoping they would have kept that low pre-order price for this one too. But you can't win every time I guess..

The weirdest thing about these puppets, I think, is that almost every bit of info and pictures of them is coming from obscure sites around the web, not from NECA themselves. Strange marketing choise.. If I had a great product like this, I would make sure to announce it's release in good time, build up some excitement, and keep updating the website/fb/twitter with photos and info on the piece, instead of just keeping it to myself.. Well, maybe they want it to be a kind of an 'underground' collector's item.. ?

Weird how EE upped their price The brown one used to be

You're right.. that price tag is a bit steep..

For what it is when you get it, they're asking way too much. For that price, you shouldn't have to redo the paint job and fix stuff - it should be perfect.

I'm gonna repaint mine though, actually looking forward to it, but it shouldn't be necessary on a 229$ product. (plus shipping) (and import taxes)

I love my brown one, but there's no way this piece is worth that $229 price tag.

I think when more people find out about them and they become less "underground", there will be a good market for selling them.

That happened with the brown Jun Planning 19" Stripe. I think I paid $90 for it plus shipping. I sold it on eBay quite a few years later, still in the box, for $220. Now, even used, damaged brown ones are going for more than that. I saw one with a cracked foot go for $300. A brown 19" Stripe in the box? I haven't seen that on eBay since I sold mine, but I'm sure it would be way up there.

I think these are worth the cost. I got #25 of the brown ones and mine didnt appear to have as many issues as some others I have seen. But for the price i think its a really good display piece

Back