Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a dream where I read this some morning next week:

'I had your job once. I was good at it.'

The blockbuster science fiction epic Blade Runner 2049 is hitting theatres this week! Legendary actor Harrison Ford returns as hero Rick Deckard in what is sure to be a thrilling movie for all to see! Today, Hot Toys is delighted to announce that we will be bringing collectibles to fans very soon!

Ready for more? We are delighted to announce we have been given the sole opportunity to make collectibles from the first Blade Runner too! Get ready for Blade Runner crazy Hot Toys fans!' #HarrisonFord #RyanGosling

Then I woke up. And I'm sad.

Do you really want an old Ford wearing a t shirt?

From Toyark.

NECA to reveal mystery Blade Runner 2049 Replica at NYCC 2017.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/10/04/neca-will-reveal-mystery-blade-runner-replica-nycc-2017-272721

My bet would be on a blaster pistol.

Hollywood Collectibles is already making one, but it will be much more expensive than any NECA version.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/09/06/...blaster-replica-hollywood-collectibles-269168

Blade-Runner.jpg

Saw 2049 today. Was really good, but preferred the original. In a way it reminded me of what Aliens did for Alien. I imagine some people will prefer it and some will prefer the original.

I'm now actually interested in Blade Runner figures though hahaha. Would mostly be interested in them doing some of the vehicles.

Saw 2049 today. Was really good, but preferred the original. In a way it reminded me of what Aliens did for Alien. I imagine some people will prefer it and some will prefer the original.

I'm now actually interested in Blade Runner figures though hahaha. Would mostly be interested in them doing some of the vehicles.

This is the first thing I've heard of this sequel which sounds positive, to me*. I'm very much in the "LEAVE IT ALONE" camp, so hearing it's a bit like Aliens was to Alien is a bit of relief; i.e. it's not just trying to do the same thing (and inevitably failing, because it can't have that perfect storm of vision and artistry), it tries to tell a different story in a different way. Might approach the cinema entrance with slightly less dread now.

* I don't count all these 5-star critical reviews, because a) 5 stars is an idiotic score, like giving games 100% or music 10/10; b) these are the same critics who give every other big film 4 or 5 star reviews, so it's wholly devalued now.

My thoughts on the movie without spoilers...
So, yeah, movie was good. It was long and felt long, but in a good way. And I was very happy that it wasn't some action version. It's got the same serious tone as the first one and is pretty character driven. And looks amazing. Almost overwhelming.
Gosling was actually pretty good given he was playing the character he played sort of thing.
So yeah, it was probably as good as it could have been.

From Toyark.

NECA to reveal mystery Blade Runner 2049 Replica at NYCC 2017.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/10/04/neca-will-reveal-mystery-blade-runner-replica-nycc-2017-272721

My bet would be on a blaster pistol.

Hollywood Collectibles is already making one, but it will be much more expensive than any NECA version.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/09/06/...blaster-replica-hollywood-collectibles-269168

View attachment 369678

Its a wooden horse and neca will not do replica weapons if the look like they may be real guns given the state of things in the world.

Absolute masterpiece!!

This! I am a huge I mean HUGE fan of the original! This was brilliant, stood well on its own, and actually enhanced my appreciation for the original by smartly expanding the film's universe!

Thought the film was great, really enjoyed it. Randy has mentioned there are 4 figures planned so far, anyone care to guess what the 2 unannounced ones are?

Saw the movie this afternoon. Great movie. Finally a sequel of an classic that respects the original and just expanded upon it. I'm relieved after the idiotic past years and more recent sequels, prequels and reboots.

... Finally a sequel of an classic that respects the original and just expanded upon it. I'm relieved after the idiotic past years and more recent sequels, prequels and reboots.

Very much this. So refreshing to not be disappointed! I saw it earlier today also. It's still sinking in, but I definitely enjoyed immersing myself in that world again. As bleak a vision of the future as it is, for some reason I feel like I just want to spend time there, chill out, listen to the sound of the rain. So atmospheric.

As to the figures, there are definitely a few more characters I would like, if only one more, then Joi. And a few of the characters would benefit from costume variants, for sure.

Also, saw the figures in person today, and wow, really great likenesses. Just makes me wish even more that NECA would revisit/offer some new headsculpts for some of their older lines. Terminator especially.

The film was brilliant, truly spectacular. Can't wait to see it again.

As for possible figures, props etc - all I want is a large (1/8,1/6) scale Peugeot Spinner! What an incredible design...

AFAIK so far there's only Neca's 6inch version that has been announced, am I correct?

Phenomenal film!! Visually beautiful, pacing was slow and absorbing, music was intense, casting was outstanding, especially Gosling and Ford... Not as deep as I would have hoped for, but still heady enough. I kept thinking throughout the film that I want Villeneuve to do the next Alien.

As for figures/props, would obviously love a high quality and break the bank original blaster in 1:1 scale, as well as the new one. And a spinner as tchalikias mentioned.

Back