Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched Blade Runner Final Cut (borrowed from a co-worker) for the first time after 20 years. I don’t remember exactly how I felt back then but knowing that it never made in into my movie collection tells me one thing…it was not for me. Today, watching in my 40’s, I kept trying to convince myself that I should like this movie. The visuals/environment are stunning for the time it was created but It felt too much for the story I was watching. At some points I felt like throwing up as the environment was too rich/detailed for the story.

BR is a slow movie. Slower than most of us used too. The best example I can give is walking down the street at your normal walking pace, then getting stuck behind a bunch of people walking slow. There is no way to get around them at that point so you must continue this slow paced walk for several yards until you find a opening to go around them. BR forces you to walk behind at a slow pace for 2 hrs.

I watched this raw with no external influences again after 20 years and I felt the same way. Im sure if I went on youtube and watched a handful of post discussion the in’s and out of BR as rematch I might see the movie differently. But then I am influenced…..

I feel the same way. I know people love it but it isn't for me.

I still love BR. Last time I watched it was a couple of years ago when I got the Blu Ray. I still find it engrossing and hypnotic. I love the mood and even the slow tempo. It all adds to the creepiness and unsettling atmosphere. And of course the visual richness is like nourishment to me.

I have to say a have a big soft spot for the original narration. Maybe it’s because I watched it at a younger age and the narration helped me follow the story. Although looking back it all seems pretty self evident. I still remember begging my mom to take me or let me see it, but she refused. I guess she did know better. I was 9 when it came out so it’s probably a good idea that she said no! All I could get was the comic adaptation of it, which was the small paperback black and white version that I poured over for years. I finally watched it when I was probably 12, when my older cousin rented the video for me. I remember it felt like a much more mature film (obviously), but I was no less entertained and captivated. It felt unnerving and scary.

I remember telling classmates how great it was, but no one was interested or would give me sneers of disapproval. Finally in HS I found a couple of people who had seen it and appreciated it. And when I was in college, the Directors Cut came out and a few friends of mine and I went to see it.

I do remember the tv commercials that made it look like a fast paced action movie! It looked like it was a Han Solo “solo” movie! I still distinctly remember the title graphic at the end of the commercial with the red letters—there was some kind of red smoke shooting in reverse that was knocked out from the type.

I rewatched the Blade Runner Final Cut a couple of months back, and can definitely understand why folks may tune out. Honestly, I've fallen asleep watching in in times past. But the mood, visuals, performances, and ultimately universe that is created, for me, offsets some of the narrative pacing that holds it back from being more intuitively appealing. Some scenes do drag on, but on the other hand, I'm not sure the overall vibe would be the same without it. It's a dour movie. Introspective, ambiguous, cynical, and bleak. It doesn't say anything positive about man. It doesn't end on a positive note for the future (at least, not most versions). But there is beauty there, and excitement at times, unpredictability, and what I find is a very satisfactory arc for Deckard and Batty.

I may love the idea of the film more than the film itself. But I am a big fan of the film. Not so sure about the sequel, but you couldn't ask for a better director, so we'll see. Gosling is probably the most overrated actor out there today, but he's good, and his typically flat affect works for this universe. So there's that.

Watch Lars and the real girl, or the Believer if you think he's overrated. I used to feel the same way until I watched those films a few years back.

Maybe one day. But outside of Blade Runner, has Gosling ever done a big budget blockbuster? Gyllenhal and Leo have for sure.

I've seen a big chunk of Lars and the Real Girl. He also plays against type effectively in the Nice Guys. He's good, for sure. Real good, even. He just doesn't walk on water. Ed Norton was the previous guy who had that kind of reputation. And I like him quite a bit, but he's no peak career Deniro or Nicholson by a long shot.

I've seen a big chunk of Lars and the Real Girl. He also plays against type effectively in the Nice Guys. He's good, for sure. Real good, even. He just doesn't walk on water. Ed Norton was the previous guy who had that kind of reputation. And I like him quite a bit, but he's no peak career Deniro or Nicholson by a long shot.

Have you seen him in All Good Things? :lol It's not bad.

tosE6jL.jpg

Well Nicholson and Deniro are considered some of the best actors of all time, so I wouldn't compare him to those two either. I don't ever remember Ed Norton being in the spotlight for long.

I had a dream where I read this some morning next week:

'I had your job once. I was good at it.'

The blockbuster science fiction epic Blade Runner 2049 is hitting theatres this week! Legendary actor Harrison Ford returns as hero Rick Deckard in what is sure to be a thrilling movie for all to see! Today, Hot Toys is delighted to announce that we will be bringing collectibles to fans very soon!

Ready for more? We are delighted to announce we have been given the sole opportunity to make collectibles from the first Blade Runner too! Get ready for Blade Runner crazy Hot Toys fans!' #HarrisonFord #RyanGosling

Then I woke up. And I'm sad.

I had a dream where I read this some morning next week:

'I had your job once. I was good at it.'

The blockbuster science fiction epic Blade Runner 2049 is hitting theatres this week! Legendary actor Harrison Ford returns as hero Rick Deckard in what is sure to be a thrilling movie for all to see! Today, Hot Toys is delighted to announce that we will be bringing collectibles to fans very soon!

Ready for more? We are delighted to announce we have been given the sole opportunity to make collectibles from the first Blade Runner too! Get ready for Blade Runner crazy Hot Toys fans!' #HarrisonFord #RyanGosling

Then I woke up. And I'm sad.

I don't think HT has even remotely considered ever doing blade runner figures. It's not a very popular license.

Back