Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both sculpts look great there. It doesn't really matter though, factory paint apps will destroy them. :lol

They knew these needed the best Ford sculptor out there to do them justice. I bet they have him doing the original film too.

NECA is doing the original film as well? Where did you hear that?

NECA is doing the original film as well? Where did you hear that?

They are not doing anything from the original at this point. Randy said they are trying to pursue but the licensing for the original film is tricky.

I'm turning 35 and not a fan of Bladerunner particularly. That said I do understand that its visuals and music were revolutionary. At the very least I appreciate those. Would a 20 something? I suppose not. Just the way it is.

I never liked or understood it either and I'm not young. The visuals, effects and art direction are sweet (still hold up even to this day) but I always thought it was slow and weird. Harrison Ford eating lo mein, Daryl Hannah doing stupid back flips, it was stupid. The original bad reviews that panned it in the 80s were dead on in my opinion. No doubt that the atmosphere that was created with the city and flying cars and just the overall vibe was cool, but the story and action and acting? Ehhhh.

2049 is much better.

Yeah I'm not saying I'm a huge Blade Runner fan by any means, but there are things about it that were "revolutionary" so to speak as A-Dev said. The soundtrack and atmosphere alone are pretty amazing. While some things about it were brilliant, others were borderline weird or awful. I'll admit 2049 already looks better, which is probably sacrilege to say around here.

Have you seen parts of 2049 DiFabio?

With the reputation it has I often want to rewatch it to try to reappraise it. In the past I think I've just happened to watch it when I was pretty tired, so I've always fallen asleep. It clearly deserves another look, but I don't think I have easy access to it at the moment. The DVD is in the attic and for whatever reason it was never burned onto a hard-drive.

That's irrelevant, I asked what the appeal is.

You need to rewatch Blade Runner a few times to really "get" it. The first time I saw it I was bored to tears by it. 15 years later and I remain convinced it's one of the greatest films ever made, especially in its director's cut form. The appeal lies in the slow burn, the atmosphere, and the subtle meditations on what it means to be human. You need to absorb a lot of the little details in the film before it really starts to slot into place, in my opinion.

That's irrelevant, I asked what the appeal is.

For me it's the Vangelis sound track & Syd Meads designs. The whole "More Human than human" robots concept is just so cool. Battys monologue delivered by Rutger Hauer on the rooftop at the end gets me every time, too.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Brilliant. Really sparked my imagination, I wanted to see all those things too!

Back