Neca Artist Proof Gremlin Repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeekBoy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Last week this guy came in broken from eBay. Still in talks with the seller but it looks like I am going to be getting my money back and keeping the statue. I want to restore him as best i can from home. I have never done anything like this before so i am asking for some pointers from you guys. I know that its smart to glue in some pins so it holds more securely. Are the walls to thin on his hand for me to do that? Also his ear is pretty badly broken. Should I snip the wires and refit his ear or just push it back together? Thanks again for all the help.
IMG_6632.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg
IMG_6642.jpg
IMG_6643.jpg
IMG_6644.jpg
IMG_6645.jpg

Ouch! The hand and the wrist look like they could be filled with epoxy resin compound (such as Milliput) and a pin inserted before pushing together and strapping til set. The ear could be a simple glue job if the piece slides back OK, otherwise it looks like you could snip and repin the piece before gluing.

Good luck on whatever you decide on. Well worth the effort! :wink1:

Mine broke at the arms when I was moving, for the clean cuts, Loctite is all you need. My experience with super glue as a kid is that they never really worked, but this stuff is like magic... Once it's on it has a really good strength tolerance so it's not gonna come off easily even if you pry it with force.

e1400240-516f-44b2-8803-ae64f4484e41_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty serious break.

You are gonna need more than glue. I suggest AVES Apoxie Sculpt, acrylic paint, a semi-gloss spray for the final coat and a lot of patience. Apoxie Sculpt is easy and fun to work with. You can make him whole again, it's gonna take time and patience. It would be a fun little project if you are artistic and patient. just know if it's your first time it's not going to look PERFECT but should look pretty damn good from 3-5 feet away.

Back