NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...yeah no, sorry. This are awful. Also, isn't this A NECA group xD

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

What do you mean awful?... Now this is Hudson:

HiyaHudson.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

fa03ad01f13a5f3db6772c6532fe7415.jpg
Here's my brown and gray dog alien side by side. I can definitely tell the difference between them. My brown dog from the previous series also has a purple tint to its head dome which seems to be remedied in the gray dog.

i don't see anything grey here at all :dunno a milk chocolate alien and a cream alien.

In person, the gray version has more of a gray/silver dry brush and makes the sculpt details pop more. The brown is noticeably darker overall.

In person, the gray version has more of a gray/silver dry brush and makes the sculpt details pop more. The brown is noticeably darker overall.
as far as i understood the discussion was not about details or anything but about huge difference between announced and actual figure. and buyers who didn't understand what the hell happened.
as for me, i'd better like the new version exactly for the reasons you mention. but i don't want to spend money. and if it was as it was shown in the beginning, i wouldn't care about money so much.

I haven't stopped staring at the Weyland Commando figure since I got him. These turned out so well and are great army builders.

So I'm looking through different archive photos of the Commandos from Alien 3, and this is the first time I've fully noticed the Weyland Yutani dog catchers. Do you think NECA will give us some dog catchers in the future?

latest

I'm not sure if the Weyland Yutani scientists and the cameramen seen at the end of Alien 3 would be viable for them as figures or not, but there's lots of different material and characters for them to explore in future lines.

I haven't stopped staring at the Weyland Commando figure since I got him. These turned out so well and are great army builders.

So I'm looking through different archive photos of the Commandos from Alien 3, and this is the first time I've fully noticed the Weyland Yutani dog catchers. Do you think NECA will give us some dog catchers in the future?

latest

I'm not sure if the Weyland Yutani scientists and the cameramen seen at the end of Alien 3 would be viable for them as figures or not, but there's lots of different material and characters for them to explore in future lines.

Randy already commented on those as a firm "no", but did leave the door open for future WY considerations. Repaints and maybe video game guys seem possible.

latest

...it would have been nice to have them too, but yeah no. We were lucky to get so "minor" characters done. I guess that rules out the scientist guy as well

as far as i understood the discussion was not about details or anything but about huge difference between announced and actual figure. and buyers who didn't understand what the hell happened.
as for me, i'd better like the new version exactly for the reasons you mention. but i don't want to spend money. and if it was as it was shown in the beginning, i wouldn't care about money so much.

Yeah the "grey" version isn't much of a difference at all. In person, next to each other, you can see the brown is a lot darker. But honestly if you are happy with your brown doggie I wouldn't recommend getting the variant. I'm glad I got it, but will buy anything from Alien 3 just because I never thought I would get any figures from it. Plus, the grey versions joints were loose for me after reposing once which sucks. I need to invest in some of the Pledge floor shine for my Aliens.

Thanks for taking the time and getting another comparison pic on here, that actually looks better than the case I had. I'm hoping that it's only certain batches that might have less of the grey paint, but I know at the same time it's not just me and a few others that are having problems with this

Silver paint is more reflective with flash though so you'll have to tell us if it looks darker / more faded than in this pic?

That pic is just using overhead light in the room. Here is a pic using flash.

6cfb6e4b7e0a798815bbbc9c3d6ee5f5.jpg

I think the flash makes them look even less different. Definitely a subtle variant.

I think the flash makes them look even less different. Definitely a subtle variant.

interesting, but either way it wouldn't be a problem if they showed the figure like this in the Promo shots. Problem is people are expecting it to be quite a bit greyer than this as shown in those promo images, so when people see this in person it's natural to question if you even got the Grey variant at first glance, especially if you don't have the brown version to compare to.

I personally believe that NECA wouldn't of bothered trying to release two variants in the same wave that's this similar, that's just asking for trouble. I think this variant just didn't come out how they thought it would / should've been.

interesting, but either way it wouldn't be a problem if they showed the figure like this in the Promo shots. Problem is people are expecting it to be quite a bit greyer than this as shown in those promo images, so when people see this in person it's natural to question if you even got the Grey variant at first glance, especially if you don't have the brown version to compare to.

I personally believe that NECA wouldn't of bothered trying to release two variants in the same wave that's this similar, that's just asking for trouble. I think this variant just didn't come out how they thought it would / it shoulda done.

True. I think NECA may have misjudged the grey variant here and should of just went with that molten lead version they teased before like I thought. Either that or maybe just given us Bishop mark 2 or an unmasked WY Commando maybe ?

My 1/4 Warrior was just delivered. I'll get another HT Dynamic Figure stand before I open him up. And then I'll have to figure out where to display him... Seriously running out of space!

Still waiting on Series 8 figures. A little disappointed with the grey variant from the pics, I expected more of a 'molten lead' look.

True. I think NECA may have misjudged the grey variant here and should of just went with that molten lead version they teased before like I thought. Either that or maybe just given us Bishop mark 2 or an unmasked WY Commando maybe ?

Two out of three (or 4) in series 8 was completely new sculpts so that's actually pretty good, they wouldn't of done a fourth figure unless it was just a variant, so I don't think Bishop or another figure was ever an option, as they seemed pretty dead set on the Dog Alien being the third figure.

Thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised if we never get another wave that has "3 out of 3" brand new sculpts and i'm not sure how many more waves we'll get with 2 brand new sculpts either.

If I'm thinking right once the line started (not counting series 1 as there was nothing to retool from) we have had 1 wave with 3 totally new sculpts, Series 3. Not really complaining here just an interesting fact, especially considering Aliens Series 3 lineup wasn't exactly stellar.

True. I think NECA may have misjudged the grey variant here and should of just went with that molten lead version they teased before like I thought.

Also after this grey variant and seeing the below custom from jaklyn I'm not sure I ever need to see a final version of Neca's molten Lead dog.

uploadfromtaptalk1468090589623.jpg

Here's Neca's:

CcKLbCsWwAA30j2.jpg

Hard to compare really...

Also after this grey variant and seeing the below custom from jaklyn I'm not sure I ever need to see a final version of Neca's molten Lead dog.

View attachment 276829

Here's Neca's:

View attachment 276830

Hard to compare really...

You are right. They need to do more than just to a highly glossed silver paint job to make it a true variation. Have the skin peeling off and have some parts of the creature already beginning to melt off would make it more unique.

... personally I think the"grey" version looks better than the brown. I would have not interest in the "molten" version they showed because it looks like a statue and not like he looked in the movie. Also, they said that they won't release another series without a creature in it cause retailers won't take it.
None of these would be a problem if they had only released the"grey" and the the other one in this wave. But then again some people might prefer the more brown look and probably missed it the first time.
There's just too much fuss about all of this

... personally I think the"grey" version looks better than the brown. I would have not interest in the "molten" version they showed because it looks like a statue and not like he looked in the movie. Also, they said that they won't release another series without a creature in it cause retailers won't take it.
None of these would be a problem if they had only released the"grey" and the the other one in this wave. But then again some people might prefer the more brown look and probably missed it the first time.
There's just too much fuss about all of this

The problems not exactly that they released the same 2 Dog's in the same wave (although it is really bad idea) but that the Grey dog doesn't look like the promo images and differs little from the Brown.

So even if they only released the Grey there still would be a problem with the final retail version, but yes I'll agree that there wouldn't be this level of confusion or fuss.

But like you some people may actually prefer the Grey even the way it has turned out, hell I might even prefer it to the brown but it's just not as different as we were shown and consequently expected is all.

And like someone else said there's pretty much 0 reason to have both variants - you'll prefer one to another and you put the other away - especially when they are this similar. It's simply just a bad / not very good variant, one that gives you the feeling that you bought the exact same figure again for little to no reason.

.... and Yes there's the saying "don't buy it if you don't like it". But ultimately people who don't / can't buy these in person and order online instead don't have the luxury of that, so the promo images need to represent the retail version

Back