NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to Randy on Twitter:

@NECA_TOYS · 3h3 hours ago

NECA Retweeted

Improved structure and durability and addition of 30th anniversary sticker

@NECA_TOYS my wife just gave me the ok to pre order the Alien Queen bbts! Thanks for bringing her back Randy! Will there be new packaging?

Thank you sir..any idea where to pre-order in EU?

Thank you sir..any idea where to pre-order in EU?

Found this on twitter, some say this looks like the resurrection alien. Maybe you have now an idea how the new neca figure will look alike.
C853cHDUMAATijP.jpg

That's not the Covenant Alien. It's Resurrection or AvP. Even the eggs are from the other films.

Weird angle I guess. Looking at it some more, I guess it is a resurrection suit. I was jus going off of the design we see in the movie (cg model)
Whatever
Kinda sad because the resurrection alien design is my favorite (unfortunately Geiger's most hated)

Weird angle I guess. Looking at it some more, I guess it is a resurrection suit. I was jus going off of the design we see in the movie (cg model)
oh, that of course. but the details and sculpt definitely say "Resurrection".

too pumpkinheadish for me. I personally hated the Resurrection aliens, and I'm not overly keen on what I've seen of the whatevertheywanttocallit-morph from Covenant. It again looks too pumpkinheadish, just like the aliens in the AvP movies did. Pumpkinhead is pumpkinhead, a xeno is a xeno (sounds like a Ginn elementary reader book title....)

The alien in the picture is a fibreglass statue made by Bruce Hansing. He made these early 2000's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

too pumpkinheadish for me. I personally hated the Resurrection aliens, and I'm not overly keen on what I've seen of the whatevertheywanttocallit-morph from Covenant. It again looks too pumpkinheadish, just like the aliens in the AvP movies did. Pumpkinhead is pumpkinhead, a xeno is a xeno (sounds like a Ginn elementary reader book title....)

The aliens look strange in resurrection because they were actually created from contaminated dna from Ripleys clone. I actually read about it and it made resurrections weird xenobaby at the end make sense (or more interesting to me). A cloned queen extracted from Ripleys clone actually took on human traits, therefore making that weird xenobaby in the end.
Resurrection is definitely not that great as a fourth movie, but it's actually pretty decent if you have an open mind that it's jus another alien story told differently.

Whatever the case, I hope to see all of the aliens eventually made by neca. For now I've got a few of the resurrection mcfarlane aliens topping my shelf

The aliens look strange in resurrection because they were actually created from contaminated dna from Ripleys clone. I actually read about it and it made resurrections weird xenobaby at the end make sense (or more interesting to me). A cloned queen extracted from Ripleys clone actually took on human traits, therefore making that weird xenobaby in the end.
Resurrection is definitely not that great as a fourth movie, but it's actually pretty decent if you have an open mind that it's jus another alien story told differently.

I know this. I still don't like the pumpkinhead-esque designs. I don't 'hate' resurrection as a film and the story isn't so bad. The weakest of the lot for sure but I never liked the creature design. They could have made it slightly better imho. There is no doubt they continued this design with the AvP movies (not even talking about the Pred-alien here which obviously shares DNA with the Predator). There they have no excuse as there was no cloning/DNA sharing from Ripley for those xenos. In those they just looked like pumpkinmorphs!

Even Cameron's redesign while a bit different and perhaps a tad more human, it didn't deviate away that far from the original design. In Alien 3, the dog or the ox (depending on which version of the film you watch) again understandably you see a variance.

I know this. I still don't like the pumpkinhead-esque designs. I don't 'hate' resurrection as a film and the story isn't so bad. The weakest of the lot for sure but I never liked the creature design. They could have made it slightly better imho. There is no doubt they continued this design with the AvP movies (not even talking about the Pred-alien here which obviously shares DNA with the Predator). There they have no excuse as there was no cloning/DNA sharing from Ripley for those xenos. In those they just looked like pumpkinmorphs!

Even Cameron's redesign while a bit different and perhaps a tad more human, it didn't deviate away that far from the original design. In Alien 3, the dog or the ox (depending on which version of the film you watch) again understandably you see a variance.

I thought those xeno's came from the queen, which came from the ripley clone? That's why they had the funky legs as well.
I don't really care, I jus know that I dug the design. Some people hate it. Oh well

while i don't like Resurrection designs as well (and any of ADI designs), i have to disagree with you: Unclechopchop is right. A4 aliens were the only aliens with normal explanation of their very different design: giant feet, guts all over the body and so on. because they were born from a mutant queen, who later mutated once again and gave birth to a "newborn" creature. A4 was all about mutations, the idea that Scott steals today with his Properdeus and new crap.
it was because they weren't pure aliens, they were mutants. the only actual DNA mix in the whole quadrilogy.
A3, for example, had no reason to look almost the same as A4 aliens did - muscly shoulders, neck covered with guts and so on. spare the "dna mix" stupid theory, there was never any mix in original alien except for Scott's uneducated brain who was sure that wasps produce hybrids from caterpillars.

I know this video was posted in another thread but it does have some interesting stuff on the Alien design and effect changes across the movies. Good watch for anyone interested.

Back