NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I considered actually trying to make the other leg ''shorter'' instead of making the short leg longer - to reflect the fact that Mikey actually should be shorter than the other Turtles. However I wasn't able to get that other leg off - even using the hairdryer. I felt like I would have snapped the joint.
do you remember the video that was posted here? to take the leg off that guy put it into hot water.

p.s. excellent to know it's not a leg length issue.

p.p.s. if you didn't watch that video, find it and watch for sure. it gives a lot of info of turtles inner structure, at least about the legs.

do you remember the video that was posted here? to take the leg off that guy put it into hot water.

p.s. excellent to know it's not a leg length issue.

p.p.s. if you didn't watch that video, find it and watch for sure. it gives a lot of info of turtles inner structure, at least about the legs.

I looked at that video in preparation for dismantling the figure. I didn't go so far as to open up the part with the hip joints because I didn't have a screwdriver that was long and thin enough to reach the screws. Fortunately I didn't actually need to. I suppose if I could have removed the leg entirely I would have dramatically reduced the risk of breakage if I really wanted to make the legs shorter. Still, had I succeeded at that it might have made him look really fat, I dunno.

By the way I couldn't figure out how to get the shell off without cutting anything. I think the guy in the video was able to do it because one of the legs was broken off? So I sliced his ermm, crotch with a box-cutter blade and was then able to lift the shell off. With clean cuts it can all go back together just fine and look like nothing was done.

www.ebay.com/itm/142498865196

i don't understand. what does the seller mean?

s-l1600.jpg

TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NECA 1:4 Scale Movie Raphael Jim Henson READ!!

Please note that this is a PRE-ORDER. Figure should become available sometime in early November. It will ship exactly as shown in the picture, with no extra hands or other accessories.

Price:US $89.99

I would stay away from an pre-orders on ebay. I fell victim to this scam a couple of years ago for a Hot Toys pre-order. I pre-ordered it in January and the listing said it would be available October/November. Those months came by and I heard nothing from the seller. After contacting him repeatedly, he told me they're still waiting for inventory. I reached out to ebay nearly a year later and they said there was nothing they could do.

First it says Used then it says "Please note that this is a PRE-ORDER. Figure should become available sometime in early November. It will ship exactly as shown in the picture, with no extra hands or other accessories.

Used
PRE-ORDER
early November
no extra hands or other accessories

Reeks scam.

If you want Raphael then go here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mu...aphael-NECA-/272674063824?hash=item3f7ca405d0

Had an email from Hermes earlier:
"I am writing to advise you that Hermes is currently experiencing delays at the sort centre.

Hermes is working hard to get your parcel out for delivery as soon as possible.

The parcels are currently at the sort centre waiting to be transferred to the delivery service centre once they arrive there they will go active with Hermes and their customer services will acknowledge receipt as it will then show up on their systems. At this stage further tracking events for your item will also resume.

We expect normal service to resume shortly and your parcel would be out for delivery within the next 2-3 working days."

:gah: At least it explains the delay. Wonder why some of you got DHL instead.

I didn't comment on the bandana and yellow shell. There is definitely grime on the bandana - both the plastic and cloth parts - rightly or wrongly it's just a very bright orange they used. The front shell has slightly less of the black wash weathering than the other Turtles but it's the same underlying yellow as far as my eyes are telling me.

As with the others, it's a really beautiful sculpt.

Crap picture. My camera is ancient.
IMG_6461.JPG

Those leg joints though - like P. I think they're a dangerous design. It almost seems inevitable to me that they will break one day - whether due to a shelf dive or an innocent bit of reposing.

If money and figure availability permits I may indeed buy seconds as back-ups. Raphael in trenchcoat disguise would probably be the second Raphael.

Is there any way to remove this glue on Michelangelo?

View attachment 364024
View attachment 364025

Courtesy bump

Anybody know a brand and color of paint that matches Mikey's green? Mine came with a tiny tiny tiny white scuff on the side of his leg.

Thanks.

16 days so far still not arrived. This is definetly the slowest of the 4 to get to me in the UK. Sigh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mine has just arrived too. Gonna unbox tomorrow I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but it still does.
perfectly visible on attached photo as well.

I can see some of the weathering but as I said last night there is definitely less of this weathering on Mikey than on the others.

Oh - and this is me being picky again about mine - I noticed that the little yellow rings on his face missed their mark. I'm guessing they're supposed to surround those dark spots.

IMG_6469.JPG

Back