NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why everybody's worrying about prices and everything. 90% of us by $300 hot toys figures like it's nothing

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's the same with a HT figure. If a site has it for $50 less than everywhere else, I'm going with them.

And maybe because this is an expensive hobby and every penny counts! I know in most cases for people outside of the States we don't want to have to pay Hot Toy prices on a $99 figure

Have you got enough space inside that you could adjust the top shelves to make them lower? I did that for my Hulk

Technically I have but because its a custom cabinet probably harder than adjusting a single detolf. It's about 1 meter 15cm wide with the glass from two detolf's on a custom base. The discarded side pieces of glass used to make a third mid section. No longer have the individual glass shelves, replaced them with three perspex shelves each spanning the full length of the cabinet.

I've already budgeted one of the four levels for the Blitway Ghostbusters, one for Justice League members, one already has Robocop and Terminator stuff so not a lot of room. I think I'd like to keep it all the same scale to. Had I known about these turtles at the time I'd have had the base made a couple of inches lower for them to go on top. :lol just have to put a shelf on the wall for them.

Mr. EcKo said:
I don't get why everybody's worrying about prices and everything. 90% of us by $300 hot toys figures like it's nothing

I guess because the appeal of these figures is we get so much more for our money. Less than half the price of Hot Toys. In Europe we are used to paying more for stuff than US buyers, usually about 20-25% but with these we are paying double what you get them for. It's hard not to find that disappointing. :lol

Can anyone who has a Donatello box tell me the dimensions? It would be much appreciated. I am trying to space out my shelving and want to make sure I have enough room to house these four side by side in the box.

Can anyone who has a Donatello box tell me the dimensions? It would be much appreciated. I am trying to space out my shelving and want to make sure I have enough room to house these four side by side in the box.

I asked this a while ago and someone sent me these dimensions: 19.5 x 28 x 46 cm
Don't have the figure yet so cant confirm it but no reason to doubt it. If you are in the US sorry for it being in metric :lol

I asked this a while ago and someone sent me these dimensions: 19.5 x 28 x 46 cm
Don't have the figure yet so cant confirm it but no reason to doubt it. If you are in the US sorry for it being in metric :lol

Darn the rest of the world and your consistent standards :lol

Good thing we have the internet to convert it for us. I don't remember much about unit conversions from grade school.

Darn the rest of the world and your consistent standards :lol

Good thing we have the internet to convert it for us. I don't remember much about unit conversions from grade school.

Me neither, that's what google is for. :lol

IMG_20170216_093037128.jpg

Are we sure there are no 1/6th scale turtles from the 1990 movie coming from any company. I'm about to give up and get these even though I don't do quarter scale cause they're so damn beautiful. I just don't want hot toys or enterbay or whomever to announce sixth scale after buying this.

In Europe we are used to paying more for stuff than US buyers, usually about 20-25% but with these we are paying double what you get them for.

It sucks to be a collector in Hungary too. A 1/4th scale, 100 USD NECA figure starts around 173 USD.
Here if I want to buy a NECA 1/4 Hulk Id have to pay 380 USD for it.
For a 7 inch figure its around 40 USD.

Yeah man it all adds up! It used to work on hot toys sold by thinkgeek and I saved a butt load of money that way too. Glad it worked for you!

I cancelled my Raphael from there. I got Donnie through them and the box wasn't in the best shape given I paid extra to get a good box. I went with calendars

shawpaw is the man as always! thx for helping the guys out saving a few more bucks! :clap

Are we sure there are no 1/6th scale turtles from the 1990 movie coming from any company. I'm about to give up and get these even though I don't do quarter scale cause they're so damn beautiful. I just don't want hot toys or enterbay or whomever to announce sixth scale after buying this.

It's possible but will probably take years to actually get them released from this point. I wouldn't risk missing out on these NECA versions. If a 1/6 version comes along that is their equal in terms of quality you could easily sell the NECA figures and make your money back or a decent profit.

AG SHEPPARD said:
It sucks to be a collector in Hungary too. A 1/4th scale, 100 USD NECA figure starts around 173 USD.
Here if I want to buy a NECA 1/4 Hulk Id have to pay 380 USD for it.
For a 7 inch figure its around 40 USD.

Yes, its bad for all European collectors right now. :(

There's an auction on eBay uk for a new Donatello at the moment. I messaged for a buy it now but the seller hasn't got back to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an auction on eBay uk for a new Donatello at the moment. I messaged for a buy it now but the seller hasn't got back to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you message him if he can give you the "buy it now" The seller don't want it. He wants to wait how many people is going to pay Donatello. $$$$

Mate have you got a picture you could show? I have two detolfs and was thinking about eventually having the four lined up on top but have some worries like them falling off and landing on wooden floor, and it also making the detolfs look messy!

This is my set up as of today I rotate things out every so oftenIMG_5048.jpg

Back