NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
''Only time will tell''

Randy's answer when asked if movie Casey Jones is coming. That's reasonably positive. They definitely want to make him.

which means he will be shown in time for toyfair or part of the next SDCC set...he's coming!

i definitely want them to make Tokka & Rahzar instead of some stupid dull human character :dunno

um yeah, they are coming too. There is nothing "dull" about the hockey masked wearing Casey Jones.

If Casey gets made I can easily see April being made aswell, it'd be rude not to make her at that point. Likewise Tatsu as Shredder's senior henchman. I don't think anyone would reasonably expect any characters beyond those.

Turtles 2 will easily bring the Turtles with new faces and deco, Tokka and Rahzar and Super Shredder as a big deluxe-type figure.

Meanwhile though we'll be playing catch-up on this side of the world - we still need 1990 Shredder, Footsoldier and Splinter to be released over here.

I thought Randy said on Twitter at some point that Casey was likely (or had a better chance) but April was really unlikely. I would love it if they did both; I'd pick up whatever they make for the first movie.

I thought Randy said on Twitter at some point that Casey was likely (or had a better chance) but April was really unlikely. I would love it if they did both; I'd pick up whatever they make for the first movie.

Randy also said lots more of 90 movie TMNT are coming, especially since next year is 30th anniversary. You can only expect Casey, April, Tatsu, while Trenchcoat Raphael already confirmed in 2020. Tokka and Rahzar are also coming for TMNT 2 and likely TMNT 2 decor of the turtles.

I'm surprised they still haven't done face variants for the existing Turtles. Licensing complications? Were they only allowed one sculpt each for some reason?

I'll take whatever else comes from the 7" 1990 film line. Mostly glad to have the Turtles themselvew though. Everyone else is just extra really. Shredder and Splinter will be nice when they get wider releases via GameStop or wherever.

:dunno there is nothing interesting about that particular character, no matter what wearing.

I saw Kevin Eastman's panel at SDCC this year and he said he always thinks of Elias Koteas when he writes Casey and it's his favorite version of him. I think Jones is great in this movie and definitely want a figure.

:dunno there is nothing interesting about that particular character, no matter what wearing.

that's your opinion,but not what the majority thinks about him ;) . Casey in all forms (toys and movie) is pretty popular

that's your opinion,but not what the majority thinks about him ;) . Casey in all forms (toys and movie) is pretty popular
i have several perfect answers:

1) i know it's my opinion, i expressed it, now tell the same to those who oppose it like their opinion is a natural law.
2) the majority thinks earth is flat, god exists, USA never was on the moon. so what?
3) why should i care what others consider popular? i'm not a 15 years old Britney fan but a grown-up, independent old fart, i don't measure interest by popularity.

UP_CarlRelaxingInChair_fullsize.jpg

take your pick! :lecture
i prefer the third.

I saw Kevin Eastman's panel at SDCC this year and he said he always thinks of Elias Koteas when he writes Casey and it's his favorite version of him. I think Jones is great in this movie and definitely want a figure.
That's cool. Koteas was a good fit for the character for sure. Too bad he only played him in one good movie. Plus he's not in that much of the third anyways.

Randy also said lots more of 90 movie TMNT are coming, especially since next year is 30th anniversary. You can only expect Casey, April, Tatsu, while Trenchcoat Raphael already confirmed in 2020. Tokka and Rahzar are also coming for TMNT 2 and likely TMNT 2 decor of the turtles.

Interesting because the TMNT movie doesnt have that many characters. I don't think I'll get anything from TMNT2.

Interesting because the TMNT movie doesnt have that many characters. I don't think I'll get anything from TMNT2.

True, which leads to obvious choices like Casey, April, Tatsu, and trenchcoat Raf (already confirmed). Randy knows we want casey and his answers will always be vague when asked until revealed,but 'time will tell' means casey is coming...

2020 could have at least 4 new characters and variants (lootcrate spirit splinter to add to that). Even some are requesting a 'Danny' figure :lol

I definitely want a Casey with or without Elias Koteas likeness. He's still the best CJ, imo.

I'm probably in the minority, but I kind of like the turtles in the samurai outfits from TMNT 3. I remember the playmate figures.

The tmnt 2 aren't different enough for me to buy 4 more turtles.

So I?m not really big on Loot Crate (they still owe me for a crate), but I got an email from them tonight for a 1990 Turtles movie 30th Anniversary box. The box is only being produced if they get enough people to pledge in for it.

One of the things included is a NECA Spirit of Splinter figure. Looks to be a the same figure released in the Capture of Splinter set only repainted. The campfire piece I?m fairly certain is a re-use from one of the Jason Voorhees figures.

I decided to go for one in hopes that it gets produced. I?m guessing it probably will, currently it?s at about half it?s goal.

Picture of the Splinter figure is below as well as the link to the Loot Crate page.
plp-body-img-tmnt-01_2x.jpg

https://www.lootcrate.com/crates/neca-tmnt

Thanks for mentioning this! I think it's an awesome variant figure, so I'm definitely in for one.

$50+shipping is just too much for that. Knowing NECA's eBay and Amazon stores, shipping will be like $10.99. It's just not worth $60. $40 shipped and I might have bitten.

Back