NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everything looks great about Shredder, except for the eyes. which can be fixed at least by simply redirecting them forward.
painters will fix that easily (and chrome metal parts while they are at it), others will persuade themselves that the eyes are ok.
i'll wait for the small version.

Congrats to everyone about to receive the 7" Turtles from Gamestop- you're in for a real treat!

Would have been nice for Gamestop to actually stock these in their stores, as opposed to preorder only.
There is a rumor of a restock later down the line, but my local Gamestop manager said he was told that was not happening.

NECA tweeted that they produced based on Gamestop orders but how they’re sold, online vs store and which stores, was solely up to Gamestop.

X882Y1nl.jpg

If playmates was t so bitchy with the license then we’d have more than enough quality tmnt figures by neca. But they got jealous once the first tmnt red bandanna came out and said they only wanna do small scale figures or something like that

Yeah, Playmates, Mattel and Hasbro road block NECA from giving us collector level 7” figures, even though their own efforts don’t hold up to NECA and seem more kid-aimed.

Yeah, Playmates, Mattel and Hasbro road block NECA from giving us collector level 7” figures, even though their own efforts don’t hold up to NECA and seem more kid-aimed.

Is the reason NECA does pretty much everything at he 7" scale for licensing, even for the ones that don't have competition? Like nobody else is making 6" Terminator figures at all (aside from Great Twins but that's very recent); I understand it when they do something that steps on someone else's toes, unless there's a reason they like that scale that much better.

NECA tweeted that they produced based on Gamestop orders but how they’re sold, online vs store and which stores, was solely up to Gamestop.

Well then I guess GameStop stores only ordered what was preordered then.
Looking up over 50 stores show none in stock and the only
Two stores with them are leftover preordered holds.

Every time I have preordered "in store", either the item doesn't show up at all or
It gets mysteriously sold to another person. Pretty much why I hate Gamestop, lol

I'm not sure how I missed it but I didn't know the Gamestop turtles were coming and didn't preorder. I have 3 Gamestops in my area and none of them have them or now whether they'll ever get them, so tracking them down should be interesting. The Gamestops around me usually lean conservatively and say they don't know things instead of predicting so it's a possibility they'll get them but right now it doesn't look good.

Is the reason NECA does pretty much everything at he 7" scale for licensing, even for the ones that don't have competition? Like nobody else is making 6" Terminator figures at all (aside from Great Twins but that's very recent); I understand it when they do something that steps on someone else's toes, unless there's a reason they like that scale that much better.

I think NECA’s success is with folks who like big collections but are tight on money and space, so the 7” scale allows you to have many figures in a collection at a reasonable cost and without taking up a whole room in a house. I can get a huge NECA Terminator display in a space that only fits 3, maybe 4 1/6 figures without being too crowded.

Just got mine in. These are pretty nice! I ordered two sets on accident but I was never able to modify my existing order. On top of that I never got an email from GS that these were going to ship.

Back