NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are jumping the gun way too soon. Wait til toy fair where you see pics of him in normal light. And I beg to differ the sculpt looks pretty damn good.
b63912c70c0e021b2d76a79bab36b42c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

got my replacement part in the mail today. Had an ankle tear and Neca sent me an entire new body minus the head. Guess that is not something you can fix. Thanks NECA!
I got my replacement Donatello head on Saturday. The original had white spots on the sides of the mask due to chipped paint. The replacement head (presumably from the newer Game Stop run) is missing the paint highlights on Donnie's beak, which makes the face look darker compared to my other three turtles. It was also nearly impossible to fit this updated head on the original neck joint, even after heating it up with a hair dryer. I had to resort to using an X-Acto blade to shave the plastic around the peg hole to get it to pop on -- something I've never had to resort to before. Total headache to deal with.

Unfortunately, the mask on this new head was painted a darker purple than the SDCC one. It doesn't blend well with the plug-in bandanna tails. I contacted NECA about this and they just said they didn't receive any replacement bandannas with the darker paint. I'm curious to know if anyone here might receive them, because it feels like they're just giving me the brush off. After paying nearly $140 for the set and waiting six months for the new head to arrive, I should at least get a figure with matching paint.

BTW, a poster on another forum mentioned the replacement Donnie bodies being sent out now include straps in the back to hold the bo staff. Just another middle finger from NECA to the folks who bought the SDCC set.

I got my replacement Donatello head on Saturday. The original had white spots on the sides on the mask due to chipped paint.

Unfortunately, the new heads they sent has a mask that was painted a darker purple that doesn't blend as well with the plug-in bandanna tails. I contacted NECA about this and they just said they didn't receive any replacement bandannas. I'm curious if anyone else here might receive one, because it feels like they're just blowing me off. After paying nearly $140 for the SDCC set and waiting six months for the new head, I should at least get a figure with matching paint.

BTW, this replacement head (presumably from the newer Game Stop run) is missing the subtle paint highlights on Donnie's beak, which makes the face look darker compared to the other three turtles. A poster on another forum mentioned the new Donnie bodies now comes with straps in the back to hold the bo staff, which is just another FU from NECA to the folks who bought the SDCC set.
Can you post a picture showing the color difference? I'm just curious because my set the bandanas and the masks don't quite match either and I wonder if this has to do with the type of plastic making the paint seem different?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got my replacement Donatello head on Saturday. The original had white spots on the sides on the mask due to chipped paint. The replacement head (presumably from the newer Game Stop run) is missing the paint highlights on Donnie's beak, which makes the face look darker compared to my other three turtles.

Unfortunately, the mask on this new head was painted a darker purple than the SDCC one. It doesn't blend well with the plug-in bandanna tails. I contacted NECA about this and they just said they didn't receive any replacement bandannas with the darker paint. I'm curious to know if anyone here might receive them, because it feels like they're just giving me the brush off. After paying nearly $140 for the set and waiting six months for the new head to arrive, I should at least get a figure with matching paint.

BTW, a poster on another forum mentioned the replacement Donnie bodies being sent out now include straps in the back to hold the bo staff. Just another FU from NECA to the folks who bought the SDCC set.

That's interesting to know, and yeah that's definitely kind of an FU. I put a preorder in for the Gamestop set just to get the extra hands and then I was going to sell the figures, I guess I'll have to compare and contrast the figures before doing that.

Can you post a picture showing the color difference? I'm just curious because my set the bandanas and the masks don't quite match either and I wonder if this has to do with the type of plastic making the paint seem different?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't have them near me at the moment, but I think it comes down to shading. The SDCC Donnie appeared to have lighter purple highlights to create shading in the mask and make the sculpted wrinkles pop more. This was applied even more heavily on the bandanna tails, so there was always a slight color difference there -- but it's glaringly obvious on this replacement head because the mask appears to have zero paint highlight and was just painted an even dark purple.

Low and behold I got my replacement Donatello body (with back straps) and Michelangelo head in the mail. Thanks for the folks who posted saying it just randomly showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just a rumor for now. But apparently the NECA TMNT 7 inchers were found in Targets system. They will be two packs. If this is real I exact an announcement at Toyfair or shortly after.

I'm guessing the foot soldier is about to be released. New pic with accessories on twitter. I think he looks great. Just not sure he's 1:4 scale-worthy.

I'm guessing the foot soldier is about to be released. New pic with accessories on twitter. I think he looks great. Just not sure he's 1:4 scale-worthy.
My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got the replacement heads today but Donatello eyes still a problem.

Attachments

• 6DF16013-9AD0-4FE1-BDF6-0F899888A21C.jpg
    6DF16013-9AD0-4FE1-BDF6-0F899888A21C.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 99
Probably March. Just says Q1 on thier site.

I got my replacement Donatello head on Saturday. The original had white spots on the sides of the mask due to chipped paint. The replacement head (presumably from the newer Game Stop run) is missing the paint highlights on Donnie's beak, which makes the face look darker compared to my other three turtles. It was also nearly impossible to fit this updated head on the original neck joint, even after heating it up with a hair dryer. I had to resort to using an X-Acto blade to shave the plastic around the peg hole to get it to pop on -- something I've never had to resort to before. Total headache to deal with.

BTW, a poster on another forum mentioned the replacement Donnie bodies being sent out now include straps in the back to hold the bo staff. Just another middle finger from NECA to the folks who bought the SDCC set.

I didn't have any issues with the paint, but I could not agree more with you on putting the head back on the neck joint. It took forever and was more of a headache that I thought it would be. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Low and behold I got my replacement Donatello body (with back straps) and Michelangelo head in the mail. Thanks for the folks who posted saying it just randomly showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you post a pic with the straps. Seeing if neca can get me an replacement with straps.

Meh to the headsculpt. How the hell did they screw the face mask up? And the paint on it should be like a chrome , what the hell were they thinking? What's up guys long time no talk

Meh to the headsculpt. How the hell did they screw the face mask up? And the paint on it should be like a chrome , what the hell were they thinking? What's up guys long time no talk
It's still an wip. Wait til Toyfair.

It's still an wip. Wait til Toyfair.

So they don't paint their figures before they take photos to show the public? ����*♂️����*♂️����*♂️ I understand the figure could get edited along the production of it getting finished, but why would they show it with the mask all screwed up like that and a matte gray finish on the chrome parts of the helmet?

So they don't paint their figures before they take photos to show the public? ����*[emoji3603]����*[emoji3603]����*[emoji3603] I understand the figure could get edited along the production of it getting finished, but why would they show it with the mask all screwed up like that and a matte gray finish on the chrome parts of the helmet?
I'm not really sure. If shouldn't be full shiny. An semi gloss should do the trick. And let's face it humans are not necas strong point.

Back