NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered and it made me charge S&H 4 times. So I actually paid just over $120. Hopefully they’ll adjust it before shipping, but if it stays as is, don’t be mad that you paid more for the SDCC. I would have paid the extra money for the cool box and the extra accessories.

Have Neca give an actual reason why or are they still giving the standard NO reply when asked if they’ll be available to UK?

They said nobody wants the license over there and they would have to have someone willing to get the licenses for every territory or something like that. Randy tweeted out yesterday about it.

Have Neca give an actual reason why or are they still giving the standard NO reply when asked if they’ll be available to UK?
Because UK won't pay for the distribution rights.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's no reason why anybody should be upset at this. People want the Turtles, and Neca found a way to make more available. Good for them. More Turtles for everyone. If I could get the SDCC set for a decent price +convenience fee I'd pay it! But it's not happening. The only one making money so far is the scalpers on Ebay. And I'm not paying them.

Got one of each preordered with GameStop. I'm good.

I understand people's frustration with this news, and kudos to NECA for making some adjustments to make each version different so it doesn't devalue the SDCC set, but I think what people have to understand here is that these Turtles were not released as SDCC exclusives for the sake of being exclusive, SDCC Exclusives allow NECA a means to release figures they can't get rights to release through retail, and they know fans want it and they themselves want to see it realized. NECA is clearly pursuing every avenue available to them to get these out to fans. I for one am thankful, as I was not prepared for these coming out at SDCC and didn't have funds at the time and could never afford after market prices, now I'm able to get a Mikey, and by himself at that for a lot less. I have always admired the 1/4 line and when they finally came through with 7" versions I was so excited, price and size kept me away from 1/4, this is perfect, as it will go with my Playmates 7" cartoon Michelangelo.

Cannot believe these are now being released at retail yet we still can’t buy and have them shipped to the UK, it’s ridiculous!!

Like I mentioned, NECA wants these out to everyone they can, but there are legal limits holding them back, it's not slighting anyone on purpose, there's just a business model. For better or worse, NECA chooses to do as much as they can with certain licenses, even if there are limits, rather than completely skipping over something because they can't go as all out as they'd like.

For some reason playmates doesn’t want them to mass produce the movie figures even tho there movie toys were ****.

It’s possible BBTS may sell some, they’ve sold other exclusives before, but usually they charge a higher price if they do, easy enough to keep your eyes on their website.

Are you guys getting separate shipping charges on each figure when you try to place your pre-order?
Yup, not a great of a deal to be honest. However, I was still able to preorder all 4 figures. Thankfully i didn't pay ebay prices before this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

im grateful i can open the sdcc set and not handle them liek they are worth silly money, just pose and enjoy cuz can replace if need be.

I want these but I think I’ll wait and see if they become available for store pickup or will just try and get them locally. It doesn’t seem like they’re a limited release so I don’t think they should be impossible to find.

I want these but I think I’ll wait and see if they become available for store pickup or will just try and get them locally. It doesn’t seem like they’re a limited release so I don’t think they should be impossible to find.
You can order them at the store as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

As someone who got the SDCC set, by the skin of their teeth, I’m glad these are being made available again. It helps us out with replacement parts and, more importantly, gets these in the hands of more fans. Here’s hoping that everyone gets a shot to own them now. :duff

Back