NBA 09-10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Anything possibleeeeeee!!!! :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Boston-Celtics-logo.jpg

Whoop sum hass.

:rock:clap:rock:clap:rock

Sucks to be a Laker fan right now. I said it before, Artest will make horrible decisions that will cost the Lakers (and anytime he shoots is a horrible decision).

This will be a HUGE choke job for the Lakers if they dont win it all this year. They were eeeeeverybody's darling coming into the season. Now look at them. Pathetic.

I honestly didnt think that ball hit the rim.. I know it was close and a tough call. Bottom line if we could grab a rebound when they missed we could have pulled it off.. No stops compounded w/ no rebounding.. If we win game 6 this has a whole new complexion once again...

My god Ron work on your free throws man.. He also hesitates before he shots his long balls.. awfull...

I don't know about that. The Celtics are a very good team. These are both good teams. And neither one is that much better than the other. I think this was a crap-shoot coming into the series, and it still is.

Yeah, Lakers have to win 2 in a row against the best team from the East, but they get 2 home games to try it.

The Celtics have had three or four games like that this series, tonight was the only game that they had four started play a good game. The Lakers know what they have to do, they'll just be doing it in the comfort of their own home this time.

Yeah, but they've managed to win those games pretty much. The Lakers haven't done that just yet not that they can't or won't be hard for them being at home.

Celts closed out both the orlando series and cleveland series on the road and I would expect no different with the lakers.
C's in 6 just like in 2008!!!!

I honestly didnt think that ball hit the rim.. I know it was close and a tough call. Bottom line if we could grab a rebound when they missed we could have pulled it off.. No stops compounded w/ no rebounding.. If we win game 6 this has a whole new complexion once again...

My god Ron work on your free throws man.. He also hesitates before he shots his long balls.. awfull...

Artest has always had a crappy shot, be it free throws or 3s. I have watched him since his days with the Bulls, saw him become an overrated player in Indiana (yes, his offense is overrated but so is his defense. He is good on ball but also gives up on plays too easily). I never thought the addition to Ron was an upgrade in any way from Ariza. I know a lot of Laker fans right now wishing for Ariza.

And WTF is going on with the refs tonight? They calls lots of fouls for awhile, then they let them play for awhile calling nothing, then they start calling touch fouls again. . .at least stay consistent in a game. How are the players gonna know how to play?

Yeah, I have been saying this since the Playoffs started, they are so inconsistent, its absolutely ridiculous. Boston got a little luck tonight with that air ball controversy and that crazy ass layup by Rondo towards the end. Honestly, I couldnt even tell with the replay, one angle looked like it hit, and others, not so much. They need to allow full replay for the whole 4th quarter, not just the final minute.

I am gutted right now, looks like we're coming back down 3-2. If the Lakers want that ring, they gotta win 2 at home.

Given that, I still think the Lakers have a great chance. After game 1, the series has been extremely competetive, and the next, I expect it to be even more. Boston gots to win game 6; if they dont, I see LA taking it with a extremely hostel crowd in game 7. I dont see a 30pt blow out in game 6 at all though this time.

Stern wants 7 games. Don't worry there WILL be a 7th game. Anyone who does not believe the NBA is partially fixed is blind.

I don't think it's fully fixed with the league scripting the winners, but I do believe they have the refs make sure some series go longer at times. I will never forget that Kings/Lakers series several years ago. Talk about fixed.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Everyone and their moms except for a lot of LA fans knows we got screwed that year; unfortunately, we will never forget that and we will always be depressed from it cause I dont see us contending again like that for awhile. The best we had was when the Monarchs won the WNBA title, and we dont even have the team anymore. I couldnt even imagine Sac without the Kings, but we have potential goin down the road.

I dont think Stern has the game partially fixed, I just think the refs can easily control the outcome, and we have seen planty of times where the refs take things personal, and control the outcome of big games. Its really sad, but very true. Boston knows they will have a tough game ahead of them, so its on them to play harder for every ball and play better D.

45 seconds left, Lakers down five, Kobe grabs rebound, throws downcourt for a breakaway two, Artest fouled, misses layup, misses both free throws. Lakers down five, Boston with the ball.

Inbound to Allen, Allen to Rondo, Artest fails to cover Rondo, Rondo runs free, passes back to Allen. Allen fouled, makes both frees. Boston up 7 with 35 left, three posesion game. OVER.

Shoulda been a one posession game with 45 on the clock, not that it would have made a difference, but it could have.

Last edited:
Artest has always had a crappy shot, be it free throws or 3s. I have watched him since his days with the Bulls, saw him become an overrated player in Indiana (yes, his offense is overrated but so is his defense. He is good on ball but also gives up on plays too easily). I never thought the addition to Ron was an upgrade in any way from Ariza. I know a lot of Laker fans right now wishing for Ariza.

the series aint over yet. You forget Boston won with Ariza there as well, so putting it all on Ron isnt logical. Lakers have a lot of talent and a great coach, but if Kobe thinks hes gonna win games by himself, hes kidding himself.

45 seconds left, Lakers down five, Kobe grabs rebound, throws downcourt, Artest fouled, misses layup, misses both free throws. Lakers down five, Boston with the ball.

That was our chance.. Artest choked on a weak shot at the basket when fouled. Muscle that one in, you know the foul is coming for a potential and one. Missing the 2 free throws sealed it.

I agree on the inconsistant calls, calling touch fouls, then letting them play, then getting ultra semsitive and trigger happy again..

Once again the refs left their fingerprints all over the game and didn't let the players just play, leaving the game w/ a lack of flow..

Game 6 we need a bigger game from Pau and Odom or Artest need to step up and make a mark on the game.. You know Kobe will show..

That block by Tony Allen was sick. Quintessential moment in the game. Lakers plain got out hustled and out played.

That was our chance.. Artest choked on a weak shot at the basket when fouled. Muscle that one in, you know the foul is coming for a potential and one. Missing the 2 free throws sealed it.

I agree on the inconsistant calls, calling touch fouls, then letting them play, then getting ultra semsitive and trigger happy again..

Once again the refs left their fingerprints all over the game and didn't let the players just play, leaving the game w/ a lack of flow..

Game 6 we need a bigger game from Pau and Odom or Artest need to step up and make a mark on the game.. You know Kobe will show..

You can saa the refs should let the players play in almost any game, but this one? Really? There were hardly any foul shots till the 4th quarter. I think Kobe wishes the refs did more whistle blowing.

Back