Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Deathstar Diorama=Complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Update! Ahsoka Tano Page 26

Nice asoka bro i really like her! I hate that body. I know they made the head for that body i went with w ttm anyway. Did u dye the body or paint it?

Thanks man! Yeah, the body is the right size and it comes completely apart (nice for painting) but its not that realistic looking. Then again this is cartoon character so... Oh and yes the body is painted. We'll see how long it lasts. Its airbrushed on thin and the stand doesn't grab tight, so that should help.

Not much to look at at this point, but think GREEN :)

Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Update! Scout Trooper Page 20

Well... here she is. I need more practice painting eyes, but otherwise not too bad. Not sure how Im going to pose her yet. Right now I have her with her hand on her hip in a "what are you looking at" pose and I kind of like it, I'll just take out the blade and and put her saber on her belt. What do you think?
IMG_2653.jpg
[/URL]

Nice job Nate, great figure :clap

Too bad the show was canceled. :mad:

Thanks outlander. I agree it was a great show. Rebels doesn't even come close,,,yet anyways.

Thanks outlander. I agree it was a great show. Rebels doesn't even come close,,,yet anyways.
Yeah I really miss it. Although Rebels has surprised me. The introduction of familiar characters like 3PO and R2 makes me all warm and fuzzy inside thinking who else they could bring into it. And the soundtrack alone is so awesome. Just that classic Star Wars feel that gives you chills. I have more hope for the show than I originally did for sure.

@Natedog- Dude you make amazing customs, and I'm wondering if I could commission you for some Knights of the Old Republic ones. Revan, Bastella, Malak, Zayne, Jarael, even Gryph and Rohlan? Please left me know.
Thanks - Ryan

Thanks Ryan!
I don't take commissions though. This is just a hobby and that would make it work. I have enough of that :)

small update:
Plaster laid down and rocks in place and 1st coat of paint. Its starting to take shape.

I'm guessing a diorama for a speeder bike and biker scout?

Update:

Added some moss and some large debris. Once the glue dries, I'll add some more moss to those too.

Looks amazing Nate.....especially the wood log and the moss on the rocks. :thud:

Perimeter Outpost Delta-Two!

Almost complete. Crappy photos again! Sorry! Still working on the background.

That's looking great. Nice attention to detail. This reminds me of the days when I would build landscape scenery for my dad's model railroad.

Good stuff Nate.

The process I used is:
1) build frame with 1x2s then screw an MDF board on top
2) Plaster to cover everthing
3) Place rocks while plaster is still wet
4) apply 1st coat of burnt umber to the ground
5) apply mixture of PVA glue, water, burnt umber paint and fine gravel
6) glue down any large debris you wish to use
7) for moss I used a bag of dollar store "reindeer moss" and ground it up really fine.
8) apply watered down PVA glue to any area you want moss and sprinkle it on.
9) The spring is just a planned indentation in the plaster with a few stones inside, a bit of green paint and topped off with some clear (read=amber) resin
10 The sapling tree is from the dollar store too. I painted the trunk and branches since it comes all green. Drill a hole and glue it in place.
11) I removed a few branches from the small bush and drilled/glued them in various places then drilled/glued the bush in place.
12) the short leaves sticking out are from a dollar store tropical type plant that I used scissors to trim the leaves to a more accurate size and simply drill/glued in place
13) The ground cover is a mixture of natural materials including dead leaves ground up, dirt, pine needles broken up. I also used some of the ground up reindeer moss and mixed it with some raw siena. Once dry that was thrown in the mix. To apply just brush on more watered down glue and sprinkle on. Several layers are required. In some places I actually mixed the the debris and glue together in a bowl and spread on like mud.

That's about it. The hardest part was probably grinding and preparing the moss and ground debris since it needs to be ground up pretty fine. It wasn't all that difficult but did take some time. I think it turned out pretty well. :)

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Back