Natalie Portman Cast in Marvel's Thor?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent December

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fighting for freedom wherever there's trouble
from ENI news

"Today, Nikki Finke posted a bunch of casting tidbits for Kenneth Branagh’s Thor.

First up is Thor himself. Finke gives a list of actors who have tested for the role, including Josh Hartnett, Charlie Hunnam (Sons Of Anarchy), Tom Hiddleston (The Gathering Storm), Liam Hemsworth (The Expendables), Joel Kinnaman and the previously rumored Alexandar Skarsgard.

But the big shocker is that Natalie Portman will be playing the lead female role. Which role will she be playing has yet to be disclosed. The top three options could be...

1. Amora the Enchantress, Thor’s Asgard love-interest and antagonist.
2. Sif, Thor’s wife who is also a Goddess in Asgard.
3. Jane Foster, Donald Blake’s nurse who eventually develops feelings for him, without knowing that Blake is Thor."

This is an odd role for Padme - I mean Amidala- I mean Portman. Looking forward to it.

are you sure you don't mean matilda ?!. :lol

185829__professional_l.jpg

I like Natalie but I can't picture her as Sif:

440px-Sif.jpg

or Enchantress:

440px-Amora3b.jpg

I'm guessing if this comes to pass she'll be Foster.

Very smart move, Marvel. Natalie Portman is a phenomenal actress, and will certainly "live up" to the hype. :rock

Her acting sucks and this movie will fail becuase they are trying to get big names into it!!! :(

I haven't seen too much with Natalie Portman in it other than Star Wars so I'll do her a favor and not judge her by that. It sounds like alot of people think she's pretty good outside of that. I like this more than Scarlett Johanson in Iron Man.

Natalie Portman is a good actress not great. She needs the right direction and material to excel. If you watch her in certain films she is Oscar worthy, in others it feels like a High School play. Kenneth Brannagh is a great actor and a good director so I'm hoping that it'll be the molding she needs to really pull out a great performance but if this were directed by Michael Bay or McG...then I think she'd fall flat on her face.

I like Natalie Portman in most things she is in. However, I am referring mostly to movies such as "Where the Heart is" and "Anywhere but here." Total chick flicks. As for other movies she has been in I think she is pretty, but not great. It should be interesting to see her in this movie though. Although she might not look the part, perhaps she can act the part.

Based on the way she held a blaster and the most ridiculous way it looks when she "shot" I really hope they have no action sequences for her because they'd be laughable in a Norse God tale.

Portman is a smart move for Marvel cause she has a really big nerd following.

Back