Mystery LOTR figure- Info please.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody know who made this and is it a character or generic Uruk?

I managed to grab this resin kit of the bay. I think it's the Uruk General seen at Helms Deep, but I am just guessing as it came with no information and was listed just as an 'unbuilt LOTR model kit', that's it.

I had looked through previous SS/W releases to see if it might be a recast prior to bidding but haven't seen anything like him and hope he is an original garage kit. He is a 1/6 scale and very nicely detailed and cast with minimal trimming / filling needed, the head has the main raised edge.

There is a name and date in the neck hollow, but again no luck with who or what :?

unknownlotrmodel001.jpg

unknownlotrmodel011.jpg

unknownlotrmodel012.jpg

unknownlotrmodel013.jpg

unknownlotrmodel014.jpg

unknownlotrmodel003.jpg

unknownlotrmodel004.jpg

unknownlotrmodel005.jpg

unknownlotrmodel006.jpg

Your welcome :peace

It has been a long time since I've seen anyone mention this piece and even longer since I've seen an unpainted kit still floating around the bay.

Make sure to take pics of it painted up when done. It will look great displayed with the SSW villians

Your welcome :peace

It has been a long time since I've seen anyone mention this piece and even longer since I've seen an unpainted kit still floating around the bay.

Make sure to take pics of it painted up when done. It will look great displayed with the SSW villians

I second that!

:duff
Bill

Looks really cool! I'd love to just have that head to make some 1/6 (articulated) Uruk Hai.

Looks really cool! I'd love to just have that head to make some 1/6 (articulated) Uruk Hai.

Thinking same thing. Heck you could use most of it, just dremmel all the armour and get the new krastikplastik body.

Congrats on obtaining this kit. I also had no idea Narin made one.

Uruk Hai Scout - nearly finished.

Here's an update on this kit. It's a 1:8 scale I think, so not really suited for my collection, but a nice looking kit all the same. Decided not to go for hair :lol

The skin tones are a mix of reds, browns and cream so that he has a 'plum' coloured deep undertone with a lighter shading on top to give that dirty, bad blood tone the Uruks seem to have. His clothing is made up of old leather hides and Warg pelts with a metal breast plate and metal shin, crotch and boot guards which have been painted with Humbrol Metalcote (Steel) and then rusted over with red/orange/brown mixes. As a creation of Saruman, he bears the mark of the White Hand on his shield and face.

Picture142.jpg

Picture144.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Picture149.jpg

:goodpost:

Very nice Dave :wave, you did a very good job on the paint mate. :clap

Would love to see how he looks with hair.

Thanks for sharing.

:duff
Bill

Back