My Sideshow Dilemma: Legendary Scale Vs. Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personnally I buy a mix of both.No need to be a completist on those lines...I mean, who wants a Dr.Doom LSB or an elektra PF...:duh

That's my problem: I have that completist mentality. If I start one line, I feel like I have to complete it. Yet at the same time, I don't like to spead myself thin, which is what's happening. Between the LSBs and the PFs, I'm feeling overwhelmed. All of (well, most of) Sideshow's Marvel collection is amazing! Darn you Sideshow for your polystone molding excellence !!!!! :lol (j/k)

If being a completest is your problem, then definitely go for the LSBs. You will have to take out another mortgage to get all the old PFs

That's my problem: I have that completist mentality. If I start one line, I feel like I have to complete it. Yet at the same time, I don't like to spead myself thin, which is what's happening. Between the LSBs and the PFs, I'm feeling overwhelmed. All of (well, most of) Sideshow's Marvel collection is amazing! Darn you Sideshow for your polystone molding excellence !!!!! :lol (j/k)

I understand really how you feel and be the first to admit,I was like that for many years....:lol...Try focusing on characters you really like or sculpts that you find spectacular.

I understand really how you feel and be the first to admit,I was like that for many years....:lol...Try focusing on characters you really like or sculpts that you find spectacular.

They're all phenomenal though !!! :D Here's the thing: Some of my LSB include Wolverine Ex., Hulk Ex. and Grey Hulk Ex. Am I an uber fan of Wolverine or Hulk? No. (A fan, just not a die hard like some are.) So why do I collect them?? Because they look amazing and I love Marvel. I guess I'm finding out that I'm a pack rat. :horror I need to draw the line somewhere. That's why I brought up the whole LSB or PF. That way I could stick with one line. In my opinion, the PFs look a lot more iconic. The busts are not shabby by any means, but I prefer the look of PF's because you get the whole body, from head to toe. (A full representation.) Like I said, my collection is just starting out, so I don't have the Hulk PF or the Spidey PF. But when I got the Capt. America. PF, my jaw just about dropped. That is the most awesome PF that's I seen (or owned for that matter.) None of my LSB have hit me like the Capt. have. And I can only imagine what the Thor PF Ex. is going to look like in person when he shows up in about a month +.

They're all phenomenal though !!! :D Here's the thing: Some of my LSB include Wolverine Ex., Hulk Ex. and Grey Hulk Ex. Am I an uber fan of Wolverine or Hulk? No. (A fan, just not a die hard like some are.) So why do I collect them?? Because they look amazing and I love Marvel. I guess I'm finding out that I'm a pack rat. :horror I need to draw the line somewhere. That's why I brought up the whole LSB or PF. That way I could stick with one line. In my opinion, the PFs look a lot more iconic. The busts are not shabby by any means, but I prefer the look of PF's because you get the whole body, from head to toe. (A full representation.) Like I said, my collection is just starting out, so I don't have the Hulk PF or the Spidey PF. But when I got the Capt. America. PF, my jaw just about dropped. That is the most awesome PF that's I seen (or owned for that matter.) None of my LSB have hit me like the Capt. have. And I can only imagine what the Thor PF Ex. is going to look like in person when he shows up in about a month +.

pf's then sound like the way you should go.

Go with the dio's! ;)

..but if it has to be PF's or Legendary scale, and you are a completist. I would say it depends on a few things:

• How much space do you have for display? (PF's take about twice the space as the LSB's)
  • Do you have the funds to go back and get the super expensive previous releases like Hulk & Doom?
  • Which line really sets you off? Do you get anywhere the same feeling when checking out your LSB's that you do with the PF's?

It sounds like you like the PF's more, so you should probably go with those, but you do have to be realistic with your collection (especially if you're a completist).

I ended up choosing the dio's for my main SSC Marvel fix. I know I'm alone in this, but I actually prefer them over the PF's. I really dig the movement and expression in them, and the scale allows me to mix the displays with my Bowen statues. That said, I do have the Thor PF on order and the Sabretooth LSB on order :google (may end up cancelling the 'tooth LSB though..)

I'm going through a similar issue with LOTR. Not sure if I want to focus on the PFs or the dios.

In your case I would have said collect both, but only get the characters that you really like. However, since you seem determined to stick with one line, you should probably go PF. It sounds like your leaning that way anyway. I just hope you have a lot of display space. It doesn't take long for a PF collection to cause display problems.

Go with the dio's! ;)

..but if it has to be PF's or Legendary scale, and you are a completist. I would say it depends on a few things:

• How much space do you have for display? (PF's take about twice the space as the LSB's)
  • Do you have the funds to go back and get the super expensive previous releases like Hulk & Doom?
  • Which line really sets you off? Do you get anywhere the same feeling when checking out your LSB's that you do with the PF's?

*Space is definitely a concern, but not that big of an issue. I definitely have enough room for PLENTY of PF's. My thing is that I like to have pieces scattered around the room and I like everything to be uniform and match. Having PF's and LSB's together just don't do it for me. I like seeing some of the collections on here where the owner has nothing but PF's on display. (Not saying that I won't have a 1:1 bust here or there eventually.)

*Funds aren't an issue.....YET!!! :horror And in terms of which line hits me best, it's definitely the PFs. Don't get me wrong, some of the LSBs like the Daredevil are phenomenal in my opinion. However, it just seems like every PF I get, I'm like "WOW!" So I guess everyone here has helped me answer my question (yet AGAIN!) Thanks everyone! :banana (I just posted some of the LSB's EX. in the For Sale Thread if anyone's interested. :D)

No Doom Ex. PF yet. I know the price on him is top end, but honestly Doom doesn't do much for me. I'm not saying its not an impressive piece. The detail looks amazing and that piece is definitely one of the cornerstones of Sideshow's PF line. But for the price I would spend on Doom, I could buy another Capt. Amer. Ex., Thor Ex. AND Red. Skull Ex. My Capt. America Ex. is amazing. I couldn't believe it when I got him. I was lucky enough to score a Red. Skull Ex and Thor Ex. too. (I guess it looks like August and Sept. for those.) Anyways, Doom can wait. That's not saying I won't attempt to get him in the future, but for now there's a few others I'm going to round up first. :whip

Once you see Doom in person I think you will change your tune. :) I know I did. :lol:D

It does look awesome. My hat goes off to all that were smart enough to get it when it first came out AND hold onto it. One day it will be MINE !!! ..... :emperor :rotfl

Back