my repainted sideshow sandtroopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fives

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
after much thought and seeing some awesome repaints here in this section, i finally decided to repaint my sideshow sandtrooper sergeant, squad leader, and corporal to hopefully match my desert sands troop. well i dont think its quite a match because the desert sands painjob is beautiful but i am very happy on how this turned out. i want to thank barryo and Dorgmal Snow for helping me out and being so cool with me and taking the time to walk me through....thanks guys! i striped some of the paint down with acetone the took some sand paper and some dremel bits then added some scuff marks to simulate wear and battledamage (thanks barryo) then i repainted over and over till i got the desired look, they're not perfect but i am very happy with how they turned out and had a hell of a time doing this.

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

they all look awesome man. you did a great job all the way around........:clap

This finally looks like they're really went deep into a desert!

Those look great SS should have done them right in the first place. Oh well I guess it gives us something to do.

Those look great. I love the subtle weathering. Very nice. :)

This finally looks like they're really went deep into a desert!

Nice dirty boys!!! ;) Good job!

Those look great SS should have done them right in the first place. Oh well I guess it gives us something to do.

thanks! it means alot to me cuz i've seen some of you guys' customs and they are frikkin killer so thank you.

They look really good, I have one myself hidden in a drawer waiting for the same treatment one day lol. Also thinking of a body swap, it will be a total renovation basically so he stops faceplanting whenever I stand him up

i really want to but am having a hard time deciding between the dewback or the stormtrooper pf. :monkey2

For me it would be a no brainer, the Dewback, that’s only because I don’t collect PF's. I did see the ST and it look great, but I think that Dewback is Kick@$$. Hopefully I can pick one up sometime later.

Back