My Attempt At Clone Armour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this thread thanks to wraith --- Very fun to see the progress and the Hasbro inspire paint apps!

Lordy Lordy has it really been 4 months since my last post, shame on me.
Have found it really hard to get anything done let alone Custom Dollies.
With the wisened Old Dorgmal being back in action ( Good to see you on the scene again Mark) though I'd best post something

These where just basically repaints with a few extra bits

Shadow Trooper
Didnt want to spend a load of cash on a hot toys one so decided to make my own
The Paulidron was scratch build ( I have to agree with Enaud, what a pig :panic:) and also the Holster
95% of the armour is recast, primed and painted
I kinda left the armour a little rough to give the apearence of being a bit battered about, not sure if it worked

kBL9YgA.jpg

3v13rdn.jpg

iupgKer.jpg

n4pOFdR.jpg

Magma Trooper
Again scratch built Paulidron and holster
Mostly recast parts again
Not much to say on this guy , he kinda speaks for himself, HOt , Hot , Hot :lol

5PlCbht.jpg

lFcW6G6.jpg

xK5vtdG.jpg

8Lxj8H4.jpg

d4Bzt6G.jpg

Next is my favourite of the three, need to build him his specific character weapon but he has had to make do for the moment

Incinerator Trooper
I just love this paint scheme, its got pazas
Really enjoyed doing this one
PU5P8Ea.jpg

jBDKYaw.jpg

3k3FMSt.jpg

Vb5aUwj.jpg

tcYRn4r.jpg

ol6noNe.jpg

0dkDkse.jpg

This is also something that I have been nibbling away at for a few months now.
After Enuads fantastic Aqualish Helmet sculpt I started to formulate an idea on how to do this bad boy
Had a few false starts but managed to eventually find a nice base to build on ( of all things a shower Gel bottle lid :dunno go figure )
I was gonna leave the reveal until I had it completely finnished but think its at a stage where I can show it
Obviously still a long way to go as its in the initial rough stage but thought you guys might like to see it
Planning on doing the visor and vac forming clear perspex so should finnish it nicely

So here you are the Y Wing Pilot Helmet

6fARQt7.jpg

BEpt8kx.jpg

Ih4L73s.jpg

jqKuWhB.jpg

CMeH2Kr.jpg

Glad that someone has verified my story:wink1:
Your pauldrons look really good,man….great job on those.

I've toyed with the idea of maybe doing some other helmets later on down the road, Y-wing being one of them. That might get scratched off the list now seeing what you got going on there :wink1:
That's coming along nicely & really taking shape. Looking forward to your updates on that for sure.

enaud

Glad that someone has verified my story
Your pauldrons look really good,man….great job on those.

I've toyed with the idea of maybe doing some other helmets later on down the road, Y-wing being one of them. That might get scratched off the list now seeing what you got going on there
That's coming along nicely & really taking shape. Looking forward to your updates on that for sure.

Cheers Mate know what you are saying, I wouldn't want to make too many of those Paulidrons :horror

If I can get the Y wing Helmet into fine fettle then I'll get it cast up for those who might want one ( or several :lol )

Spudtrooper

Love the incinerator trooper! Awesome stuff dude. Glad to see you back.

Thanks Spud , incinerator trooper is my fave too, never really left but went ninja on you guys just lurking in the shadows :lol

Leebro

sick paint job how did you make the y wing helmet

Thanks , yeh the Helmet is built from scratch using Milliput and alot of patience

Love the Incinerator trooper, great job. The y-wing pilot helmet looks to be coming along nicely, thanks for posting WIP pic, always like seeing customs at various stages of being done.

WOW!! Awesome stormtrooper updates!! The wear and tear looks natural as hell. The red looks incredible!!

Do you still do the base covers?

Love the Incinerator trooper, great job. The y-wing pilot helmet looks to be coming along nicely, thanks for posting WIP pic, always like seeing customs at various stages of being done.

After working my way through a heap of cash ( on silicone and resin) finally managed to mold parts for the Arc trooper.
Ive started with updating Blitz but have now enough parts to start on a few more

Firstly Updated his Pauldron
nL8qY2l.jpg

With the backpack wanted to make it look a little more sandtrooper
Added a few bits and Magnets to hold it in place
Planning on a new helmet too when the materials arrive ( Yet more cash :horror)
X6QtX0D.jpg

ZGIWbDG.jpg

XdmrMPU.jpg

Now to the extra bits
I'm planning on doing colt and possibly a couple more so I have a couple of extra sets if anyone is interested
set includes
Chest plate
Fore Arm Armour
Backpack ( 3 parts)
Calf Armour
Feet ( not Sideshow / Custom)
Pauldron ( 3/4 parts )

A2gvUVM.jpg

ZdAZNKY.jpg

LVhHYgB.jpg

zLmFVaN.jpg

JPzXx0F.jpg

sick work dude did u sculpt all of this yourself? Also what paint is that i love the dibrant yellow my yellow i used on my blitz is a little more sunflowerish. Also send me a pm I cant buy pieces right now but i may want to buy some resin pieces in the future if they are aviable send me the prices. also if ur still doing base stand customs how much are the ones you have already done

sick work dude did u sculpt all of this yourself? Also what paint is that i love the dibrant yellow my yellow i used on my blitz is a little more sunflowerish. Also send me a pm I cant buy pieces right now but i may want to buy some resin pieces in the future if they are aviable send me the prices. also if ur still doing base stand customs how much are the ones you have already done

Thanks Leebro, I wish, the Shin Armour and Feet where resculpted but the rest is just cast from the originals

The Paint I used for Arc is Citadel Layer " Flash Gitz Yellow ", it is slightly more sunflower than the picture shows but still a nice match

For the stand stickers , yes I'm still doing them and They cost £1 each plus shipping

Back