My Attempt At Clone Armour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi spiderrogue sent me to you & said you could make me some Bith both straight and gripping and Hammerhead hands i wanted to know if you could make me some greedo hands as well

Sorry blb Greedo hands are too complicated to cast.
I know Kashobi did some for me a while ago, you might still be able to get some from him

As for Bith and hammerhead hands, I can do you some of those.
Pm me if you do

Been having another go on Fordos Pauldron.

A little more happy with this version.

Comments would be welcome

h0kLo8C.jpg

a4SF3fR.jpg

TsmMTl2.jpg

KZ4SnjO.jpg

xg7dw21.jpg

Finally this is a completely new project that Fordo kinda inspired along with Spiders Shadow Clone.
I loved how Spidies Clone looked and wanted something clonie that looked similar without ripping his idea off completely.
As I was Doing a Fordo Arc trooper though why not a Shadow Arc trooper
So I set to work but paint job after paint job failed, never known painting clone armor to go so wrong.
Finally after 5 paint jobs I have something that I'm happy to show

great..now i feel like i ripped off your idea...but mine has a few more details..and im not completely done yet...ironically i used the same chest armor...i was gonna add binocs to his bucket instead of the viewfinder...maybe i should have..lol...crap...
blackcone2_zps5152020e.jpg

Spidie, although very similar , as you say, you've added more detailing and phase 2 Pauldron, mine is yet to receive an Arc Pualdron like Ive done for the other Red clone.:lecture
So really not "Ripped off" , and if we're talking ripped off I'm sure that I'm guilty of that on this one too, only so many clone variations you can do before you repeat someone else's customs:dunno

Think the markings on yours adds a uniqueness to it, any back story behind it or did you just like the design ?

Hey man, awesome stuff!! I'm looking at trying to mould/cast a blackhole stormie to custom into a some kind of shock trooper as well as a sandie style trooper. I was wondering if you could put up some closer pics of your leg/arm, hand, foot and helmet moulds as I don't wanna ruin my new chap by making newbie mistakes!! I was also wondering if you had any sandie bits like pack or pauldron casted?
Once again, really impressed by your work dude!!

Its That Time again, massive update , I know I should space my updates out but work always gets in the way, and I'm sure there's a few guys out there the same :wink1:

First up are some projects that have almost reached completion

Shadow Arc
Decided to go back and redo the Pauldron as I felt it was too large.
The Arm Guantlet was a rightoff from one of my other projects that was too big, funny thing is its a perfect fit over the clone armour, huh go figure :dunno
He's just in need of some weathering and he's done

PtVM8rZ.jpg

WZziXnL.jpg

jYOGOjN.jpg

sr8YLLD.jpg

7tCPW2d.jpg

Next Up Is Arc Fodo.

He's pretty much the same as the shadow Arc , but needs all the cabling from the arm Gauntlet.
I'll be going back over the hair again, just trying to improve on the head painting skills and not quite right.
Helmet has been slightly repainted and will need the range finder attaching, which I'm working on as we speak.

DTRkFKI.jpg

NdbRH6N.jpg

L4y7zcA.jpg

JGODVzl.jpg

So Onto New Stuff.

This project has been in the back of my mind for a while, I've seen a couple of really excellent versions of this and hope that mine will eventually look as good

He's based on a 1:1 scale costume I came across a while ago and really liked, which started the whole thing rolling.

This wouldn't have been possible with out the excellent stitch work by spiderrouge who did a fantastic job of the robes ( only to have them Annihilated during the aging process :horror )
Belt,Pouch,lightsaber, Lightsaber blade are all scratch made , and I am intending on doing some resculpting work on the head.

Still loads to do on this guy but like how he looks so far

Any Input would be appreciated on this one as it doesn't seem to pop yet :dunno

Sith Obi Wan
RdHSW8J.jpg

ICgbMVs.jpg

dXJPPNZ.jpg

6j1fGVD.jpg

I9hTjJM.jpg

0y8tTLM.jpg

DFgdAJH.jpg

r44LNEf.jpg

Also Picked Up A HT Luke Bespin Set and Immediately attacked the heads for my updated Luke Jedi.
Cast them with the wigs to see how they would work, may well go back and do one without hair but will wait and see how resculpting goes.

Zof0Bui.jpg

LEXJjui.jpg

Finally got around to recasting the Medicom Royal Guard staff, turned out ok but the plastic has stayed too soft resulting in finger marks in the plastic.
All in all its a pleasing result, I honestly thought it was going to be a lot harder to get a good cast from but sometimes the most difficult things seem to cast the best.

rF4qsOn.jpg

t4cb0vM.jpg

ijhI2zb.jpg

Been working on Admiral Ackbar too and got around to casting up the Gentle Giant bust, got some major bubbles but they can be filled easily. Hands are to follow shortly

BdeyIb6.jpg

Finally wanted some of the sand/snow base for the Stands but couldn,t find any so cast one up instead, I LIKE EASY PROJECTS :rotfl

SQLvl3s.jpg

omg..dude!! wow...love it all..and need some of it down the road....
love the obi...sad to see what you did to my robes..lol...

ill be wanting at least 2 of the RG when we get done with this other deal..lol...

some great stuff....

maybe i'll figure out the red robes....heh heh

Last edited:
Cheers Spider, if you can work out the right material for the royal Guard, I'm pretty sure there will be a trade in there somewhere :lol

J14, no it is just painted but I do have Red additive for the resin I use, I never thought of using that, Thanks

Here's a clearer Pic
npY5uWR.jpg

Back