My Attempt At Clone Armour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could do with peoples opinions on the custom Ive been working on this week.
He's a Kashyyyk Clone trooper meant for display with commander Gree but I'm not sure about the finished look of the figure.

I need you guys to tell me if Ive gone too far with it or gone in the wrong direction, all I know is I can't put my finger on it and its bugging me.

Ive based him on the hasbro figure and not quite completed

Help me here guys ........ :panic:

P7271070.jpg

P7271076.jpg

P7271071.jpg

P7271073.jpg

P7271077.jpg

P7271079.jpg

Looks like a good base, it's lacking shade IMO, a brown/ black wash to get in all the creases and a matt varnish

Cheers guys, now its been pointed out to me I can see the problem.

It does look very flat,I guess the camo paint hides the contours of the armour ( which I suppose its supposed to do LOL...)

Will give it a brown wash and then post pics, though I haven't done colour washing before... can some one tell me what water to paint ratio should be for acrylic paints ?

Cheers

Been Practicing my casting and painting skills recently, getting better but still need alot of practice.

Recast Waxer and painted, Skin toning getting better, but the eyes I'm still struggling with, could use some helpful tips, especially from you Ski, I really can't work out how you do it mate :clap

82KSYlf.jpg

hKNbv5x.jpg

This one was kinda a result of a casting failure, thought it might look good so gave it some paint and tweeking

bBeclOO.jpg

MxY6fDY.jpg

mR9RjxT.jpg

Not really posted much this year as I never find time to do much these days, but as Ive been off this week I set aside some serious dolly time ... woo Hoo.

Been working on more Head painting mainly, and am pleased with the results

Let me know what you think guys

This is for My Airbourne Trooper , just waiting on parts to complete.
Paintwork still needs touching up but nearly there.
Ginger Clones, what next :lol

1A9pbOM.jpg

omMHzI0.jpg

cgkDFRc.jpg

Commander Fox
Wanted him to have a additional head as I picked up a set of Armour to do a Phase 2 Version

J3aTs2V.jpg

Tt7Tf8N.jpg

Lv6CFFn.jpg

Well with all this spare time,finally managed to get my Phase 1 Commander Gree Painted up.

I went for the Battlefield muddied up facial look.
I didn't go for the Clone wars accurate armour as I wanted there to be a bit of a difference to the other excellent one Ive seen here.
I'm quite pleased with him considering that when I clear coated the Armour after painting I didn't leave it long enough after the colour coats and the Green dulled off.
At first I was gutted as it went all milky but once it dried I was well pleased with the more pastal tone it had created, Bonus.

Let me know what ya think

jzUolVY.jpg

Y9PSPJ1.jpg

hCsTyTH.jpg

D8g5Ho2.jpg

2a6zOfD.jpg

kX1xCDK.jpg

YQ6vGkL.jpg

Wow ! The "muted" green works really well . Very "Clone Wars" show . Just goes to show , sometimes inspiration is accidental ! :clap

love the ph 1 Gree..ive been wanting to do one forever now..looks like i have to try and "out do" you now..lol...
im gonna borrow your pics to use as ref..since he's a tough one to find good pics of

I think you did so great with that gree. Did you make that holster or take it from another clone? Thanks

Thunder,Spider, Cc, thanks for the kind words.

I think the results where more luck than good judgement :rotfl

Spiderrouge
im gonna borrow your pics to use as ref..since he's a tough one to find good pics of

The armour isn't completely accurate, the helmet recesses are grey (instead of Green) and the Utility belt should be all white, but I liked the idea of slightly different.
If you need more images let me know I'll take a few.

Cc3680
Did you make that holster or take it from another clone?

The Holster and the Pistol are both casts, are you looking for some ?

either way, i really like the changes..makes him look better...i have about 3 clones that i need to sew up suits for and finish them up(Ganch, the gray clone(?) and a star corps one)..im so behind....

Thanks for the compliment spider, but I'm just a novice when lined up with the likes of Dorgs, Kash, Boba Mike and such, now those guys can cast :clap

Thanks anyway

Thanks for the heads up guys. Yes, I am looking for accessories. You will see why and maybe understand more on the 24th.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR

Thanks to all for making this last year so enjoyable.
To all that have posted such wonderful pieces of art that have lightened my days and nights.

Hope you all have a Great Christmas

TePW4EE.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS
AND ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR

Thanks to all for making this last year so enjoyable.
To all that have posted such wonderful pieces of art that have lightened my days and nights.

Hope you all have a Great Christmas

star_wars_christmas_by_calamitysi-d4j0lcf_zpsae815c8f.jpg

Well said and the same to you. :hi5:

Thanks for the compliment spider, but I'm just a novice when lined up with the likes of Dorgs, Kash, Boba Mike and such, now those guys can cast :clap

Thanks anyway

You're underestimating yourself, your casts are fantastic.:clap:clap:clap

I'm looking for some hands for my Skiff Guards and a Duros , do you have anything suitable in your repertoire ?

Back