Mumak delayed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
I posted this question in the "Ask Sideshow" section and got a reply from Dusty. I thought I would post it here as well in case anybody missed it there. Dusty confirmed that the Mumak statue will most likely be slightly delayed--they just didn't get the update into the newsletter in time. It's possible that it might make the last few days of December, but will most likely arrive in January 2006. If this helps your budgeting as we approach Christmas shopping season, there you go.

Delayed? Did anyone actually order this disaster of a piece? Take my word for it, cancel your order and buy one off ebay for about $150 when it comes out. People will be giving them away.

ras819 said:
Delayed? Did anyone actually order this disaster of a piece? Take my word for it, cancel your order and buy one off ebay for about $150 when it comes out. People will be giving them away.

I did actually. I saw it in person and can say it's anything but a disaster. Have you seen it in person? If your calling it a disaster I kind of doubt it. Sounds like an uneducated opinion to me.:censored

Ofcourse Josh, to make an opinion you have to see it in the flesh! Because in reality, the picutres from Sideshow don't show the pose, paint or the genera gist of the piece...
I can see how that makes ever so much sense!

I am expecting everything to be delayed until June, when everything ships at once. Well, the dying pose is getting the legs, but will it sustain and run a marathon, maybe not. It will be a nice piece, would I have preferred a different pose, yes... but that is where Weta as an artistic company insists on doing their thing. I will get it of course and the price drop could very well happen, has so far with every piece recently, probably due more to edition size than anything else.

If you haven't seen the piece in person, that basket weave is quite a sight unto itself. Josh is right in that it is a marvel. Still, if you want to chance it on Ebay, more power. For me, I plan to keep my piece, and it's defintely a keeper.

I havent seen this piece in person, but judging by the dimensions I was pretty disapointed. I was hoping for one last HURRAH from Sideshow and expected to get a massive Mumak piece. I was wrong. For $300 it should have been much larger. Cave troll scale at least.

With two more horse and rider statues coming I prefer the
smaller scale of the Mumak just because of space constraints.

Not liking a piece is everyone's choice. I liked the sculpt from the beginning and the size is in keeping with the other critters of the line. Like Rad and JLCMSU, I also had a chance to look at it and found that the intricacies of the sculpt was well worth my $$s and confirmed my first impressions. Not cancelling either.

larbob said:
With two more horse and rider statues coming I prefer the
smaller scale of the Mumak just because of space constraints.

I'm with you there, I'm quite pleased its not too big and although am I really looking forward to seeing it and getting it, I am glad its delayed for financial reasons.
I'm still getting it.

Thanks for asking the question for us tomandshell :bow :wave

Shell
x :D

I got a dead Haradrim on my shelf, so why can't I have a dying Mumak up there too?
It would have been cool if we got a huge $500 Mumak, standing upright or moving, but I'm happy with this one. In ROTK, they did die and did fall down, these massive creatures.

(pssst: I want one of the Grond-creatures too)

I have one on order. I plan on keeping it, but I may have to cut it, since I am going to be getting the Kong VS Rex piece...

That's it, I can't ever watch The Lord Of The Rings again. Ever. Too many scenes of cruelty to elephants. That's not on. Bye Bye Dvd's. Shame on you Peter Jackson. I do not watch videos of animal cruelty. ;)

FrodoEyes said:
That's it, I can't ever watch The Lord Of The Rings again. Ever. Too many scenes of cruelty to elephants. That's not on. Bye Bye Dvd's. Shame on you Peter Jackson. I do not watch videos of animal cruelty. ;)

Soooo funny... I don't care for cruelty to CG animals , but displaying it as a statue at my home is a whole different thing.

Please think of the CHILDREN!!! Stop the insane treatment of polystone animals!

Back