MR Boba Fett Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
23.jpg

24.jpg

I dont know, something about it looks cheap to me. I've seen lots of fan made ones that look better.

That's just an early prototype, without the full weathering effects added. It looks fantastic so far. I'm buying this with 100% certainty. I just hope it is priced more in line with the clones at $400 than with the Vader helmet at $900.

Here's the ESB Fett for a comparison:

bobartesb10ij.jpg

23.jpg

Looks pretty damn close to me. I'd love to see a fan made one more accurate than that. I'm sure some of the RPF guys could do it, but I doubt the average fan could.

Last edited:
Looks like im going to be $400 poorer sometime soon.

I can't quite remember the MR 2006 product plan off the top of my head, but was there a Boba Fett CE helmet announced. If so, this could be a second possible explanation for why the helmet doesn't look like it's on screen counterpart.

stinkowhiff said:
I can't quite remember the MR 2006 product plan off the top of my head, but was there a Boba Fett CE helmet announced. If so, this could be a second possible explanation for why the helmet doesn't look like it's on screen counterpart.

That's definitely the LE. Am I the only one that thinks it looks incredible? The silver scuff marks are in precisely the right places. The colors are just washed out by the flash.

And if this is $400, like the poster above said, I'll officially be shocked.:horror

I'm thinking $500-$600.

Here's what one of the RPF guys, who works for MR said about the Fett helmet:

moffeaton said:
That Boba helmet uses accurate colors to an ESB Hero, but that particular helmet should be considered a mock up, and not the final paint master. I know the Fett guys are SUPER concerned with accuracy, and I am confident they will be pleased with the final chipping pattern. It is the single coolest helmet ever!

I'm all over this like gravy on a dish that is traditionally served with gravy!

I am unclear on MR's new methods. Will I have to order this directly from them, or will the best quality version be available from retailers? I know they have made some changes but I don't know what applies to this helmet...

DekeStarkiller said:
I like my friends helmet more.

FettsSneak.jpg

It looks OK, but I definitely want an ESB Fett and not a ROTJ Fett like that.

This is one of the ROTJ Fett hero helmets from the Archives to compare to your friend's helmet.

bobatesb16th.jpg

I actually haven't been able to find any good ESB Fett references to compare the MR version to.

Pretty good, but that looks like a stunt helmet from the archives which is also a ESB helmet used for the Skiff scene. Anyways they are both better than the MR one, IMO.

tomandshell said:
I'm all over this like gravy on a dish that is traditionally served with gravy!

I am unclear on MR's new methods. Will I have to order this directly from them, or will the best quality version be available from retailers? I know they have made some changes but I don't know what applies to this helmet...

as long as it's an LE (helmet or not) you gotta buy direct

SolidLiquidFox said:
as long as it's an LE (helmet or not) you gotta buy direct

True, and I don't think they're making a CE version of this helmet either, at least for the foreseeable future (2006).

tomandshell said:
Thanks! I suppose that means I have to pay to join their preorder club to get the right to purchase it direct...

Only if you want a low number and a discount coupon. If that doesn't matter to you then the items are offered 2 days later to the general public.

The BEST thing that MR showed at ToyFair was definitely this:

317zf.jpg

330sw.jpg

:horror :horror :horror

I'm going to TRY and get one. I'm guessing it should be around what the original Balrog goes for on the secondary market today- $2,000-$2,500. And it even LIGHTS UP. If LOTR fans pay that much for the Balrog as their "grail", I might consider this as my ultimate piece.

It will be more if they get Harrison Ford to sign some like they're trying to do.

Back