Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this was the new poster for the re-release but have not seen it for sale yet.
This poster will be available Wednesday at noon Eastern time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
832b76ed0820b0be2ec4f10d3f6bbb68.jpg

I only have around 100 or less. Just the free newsletter points they send out sometimes.
If you can't find somebody to sell them to you, a lot of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars 4K discs are on good sales at Best Buy. You'd need to buy 3. You could always turn around and sell them online again, if you really don't want them.

Where is a reputable place to get a reprint of the Return of the Jedi style A poster?

Yeah, I saw those, I was just thinking $12 for a 27x40 print has got to be pretty poor quality. But I have no idea what a good quality reprint costs.

I saw some sellers on Etsy selling reprints, so presumably they're just reprinting scans of existing posters on quality paper, but I'm more concerned about image quality than paper quality.

I'm looking for this one

ROTJA.jpg

there are no actual Studio Release 27x41 reprint of the Style A one sheet.You may be able to find a 27x41 Bootleg.And the later studio repress the image was changed.So your choice is to find a 27x40 or smaller reprint.And see what you get as far as quality.
The price on original 1983 releases is always going up but here is a Buy It Now F/VF folded original for $70 on ebay.This seller is a film poster seller with over 8K positive.I have seen him on ebay for a long time.If you want to spend a little more than you would for a reprint this is a nice deal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Return-Of-...365795?hash=item2f487934a3:g:gdsAAOSwbKRbOuy4

Last edited:
there are no actual Studio Release 27x41 reprint of the Style A one sheet.And the later repress the image was changed.So your choice is to find a 27x40 or smaller reprint.And see what you get as far as quality.
The price on original 1983 releases is always going up but here is a Buy It Now F/VF folded original for $70 on ebay.This seller is a film poster seller with over 8K positive.I have seen him on ebay for a long time.If you want to spend a little more than you would for a reprint this is a nice deal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Return-Of-...365795?hash=item2f487934a3:g:gdsAAOSwbKRbOuy4
That's a great deal, nothing better than having an original.

I'm seeing various methods of removing folds from posters. Are any of them reputable? I'm seeing things like laying towels on top and ironing them.

I'm not terribly concerned with authenticity, or getting an original poster. I just like the art, and those look some pretty major folds. I get that many movie posters from back in the day were folded, but still ... it's kinda ugly.

Yeah, I saw those, I was just thinking $12 for a 27x40 print has got to be pretty poor quality. But I have no idea what a good quality reprint costs.

I saw some sellers on Etsy selling reprints, so presumably they're just reprinting scans of existing posters on quality paper, but I'm more concerned about image quality than paper quality.

I'm looking for this one

View attachment 501908

I have some 27x 41 reprints and they look fine IMO.

Ah, the nostalgia is strong with this one. My local theatre had a giant version of this up in the lobby during showings. Can't remember what year since this happened several times during the 90's. Good times.

Thats one reason I love collecting movie posters. Takes me back to when I got to see the movie originally and of course I really love the art. It was cool how Fox did a mash up with the original trilogy posters for the box set.

Back