Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a real shame. They hounded me for payment on Malgus for 4 solid days as it was "ready to ship". Needless to say 10 days later, it still wasn't.
I'm within the PayPal Claim window, so will just keep my fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone else effected.

Good riddance to them. The way they have conducted themselves over the past couple of months is scandalous.
They are just as bad as someone who breaks into your house while you sleep. Only difference is these people are clever and will walk away without the law, or ripped off customers, being able to hold them to account.

I'm glad they tried to sell me a second hand statue as new because it stopped me ordering from them again.

Hope everyone involved manages to claim their money back.
I'm sure Kate and Liam will enjoy spending it on some luxurious holiday to get over being 'insulted' over their business practices.

I'm so mad

I paid the deposit via Paypal for 1/4 Batman in July and for some silly silly reason i paid the rest of the off the first week of August via Debit Card (the first and last figure i ever pay off early)

Spoke with my bank this morning and they are sending me a form out to fill in. I have to print off the holding page of them saying they have had to close, my order number and the delivery and billing address, basically anything relating to that company and my order

They told me I'm not covered under section 75 because it's a debit card but i might still be able to get some money back depending on the liquidation

I'm in a similar situation

As my payments were through paypal but via my bank account, it is classed as a Direct Debit

I spoke to my bank who have helped me to complete an indemnity claim, although there is no guarantee it will be successful

I'd already written it off so if this goes through it'll be a bonus.

I hope all you guys and gals get sorted out with your money that MB owe you, fingers crossed.

Like I said in the past I have only ever bought from them once (DX13) and he arrived hassle free and I have no pre-orders with them but it is a shame to lose another retailer.

The question now I have to myself is they must have known this was coming, and they seemed to inflate a lot of their figures prices over the last few weeks.

Also Jokes &Bats, can you give me this weeks lottery numbers pal?

why would they put the site back up but still have the message - seems like they are trying to trick people into thinking everything is OK.

I paid via Barclaycard. Am out of pocket some £500. Raised it with the dispute team who are sending me out a form to complete - they want "proof they've closed down" along with invoices. I have a feeling it's going to take awhile to get that money back, but, I think I should be covered by Sec 75. Wasn't given any assurances though. As for MB, they've shown their true colours with their closing actions, and probably deserved to fail.

Good riddance to them. The way they have conducted themselves over the past couple of months is scandalous.
They are just as bad as someone who breaks into your house while you sleep. Only difference is these people are clever and will walk away without the law, or ripped off customers, being able to hold them to account.

I'm glad they tried to sell me a second hand statue as new because it stopped me ordering from them again.

Hope everyone involved manages to claim their money back.
I'm sure Kate and Liam will enjoy spending it on some luxurious holiday to get over being 'insulted' over their business practices.

No doubt they will blame all the "morons and flies" for the fact the business went south.

why would they put the site back up but still have the message - seems like they are trying to trick people into thinking everything is OK.

It would appear so...I've just tried to add some goods to my cart (for testing purposes only) and it all registers fine :dunno very sneaky indeed...

Only seemed like the other day when ModelZone went into liquidation :( Thank god for decent trustworthy companies such as Collectibles Direct UK and One Sixth Bruce to help us in our hobby...we salute you! :rock

god forbid anyone buy anything on the site at the moment.. seems like it is still possible to buy on it - that is just not right.

The problem for me now (apart from getting money back) is that I still want to buy the j scott campbell statues, but I'm worried about getting stung

Forbidden Planet has them but they take full payment, now I don't know what to do as if I wait to release, you know I'll be paying more

What seems even more underhand is the statement about them ceasing trading is in grey against a white background & in a very small font that if uoi weren't specifically looking for it you could quite easily miss it & carry on like normal.

Neil

The problem for me now (apart from getting money back) is that I still want to buy the j scott campbell statues, but I'm worried about getting stung

Forbidden Planet has them but they take full payment, now I don't know what to do as if I wait to release, you know I'll be paying more

I that FP.com mate?

I use FP.co.uk and they never take my money until they send the item out to me.

Back