Most important anniversary of 2019?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most important anniversary of 2019?

• The Abyss 30th

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Alien 40th

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Apocalypse Now 40th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman 30th

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Fight Club 20th

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Mad Max 40th

• The Matrix 20th

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Star Trek: The Motion Picture 40th

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 20th

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Choose from my totally arbitrary list! :)

Also-rans: Jaws 2, BTTF II, Indy III, Star Trek '09, Toy Story 2, Watchmen...

(I decided to prioritise the first parts in a franchise)

Note how the titles all start with one of only five letters - and nearly half start with "A"!

Last edited:
Hehe true, it's notable for all the wrong reasons!

In a tight three-way race between Wars, Trek and Matrix, I voted Trek (because the beginning of my second-favourite franchise trumps the rebirth of my first fave!)

As you've no doubt noticed I also limited it to multiples of 10. Otherwise I woulda had to find room for Terminator, Pulp Fiction and Forrest Gump (not to mention Indy II and The Shawshank Redemption!)

My 20 year wedding anniversary?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm not sure why TPM gets notice. Seems like most around here didn't like it. So why celebrate it? Title says "important".

Alien changed things -- without it, no Sci-Fi horror, no Terminator, no Aliens, no Predator and the 1,000 monster movies that followed.

Batman changed things -- the 90's became derivative on the nostalgia.

Even The Matrix changed things -- karate and crazy cameras moves would never be the same.

TPM did little to influence anything except Star Wars itself. And not in a good way according to most people.

I'm not sure why TPM gets notice. Seems like most around here didn't like it. So why celebrate it? Title says "important".

Alien changed things -- without it, no Sci-Fi horror, no Terminator, no Aliens, no Predator and the 1,000 monster movies that followed.

Batman changed things -- the 90's became derivative on the nostalgia.

Even The Matrix changed things -- karate and crazy cameras moves would never be the same.

TPM did little to influence anything except Star Wars itself. And not in a good way according to most people.

Didn't TPM go full digital instead of film...which is what most movies use now? Also the use of motion capture cgi characters and cgi environments were innovative, so technically TPM is an important film, but maybe not as a source of entertainment in most people's opinion, so I guess it depends on what it means for a movie to be important.

TPM deserves recognition alright - for being one of the first highly anticipated blockbuster films with a title that implies something dark, but instead we get an absolutely out of place, juvenile narrative (aside from the 10 minutes of Darth Maul).

Back