more Dark Knight Hot Toys??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say two heads, one with brushed back hair (so the mask can fit) and one with the Jokers Wild hair.

I've seen it. :) But only once so far. And I avoided all spoilers before I saw it so I had no idea that Grumpy was the Joker until pretty close to the reveal. Never did catch the paint under the mask.

And yeah -- I GOT TO SEE IT AGAIN!!!! I want to. I will.

I would also like everyone here to make a conserted effort to help get the Dark Knight to surpass Titanic's stranglehold on the boxoffice record.

See it in IMAX. I recommend the Bridge. You can pick out your seat beforehand when you buy them on-line.

But if you look at the adjusted gross https://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
you'll see Titanic ain't even close to holding the domestic record.

Why 2? He only had one head and one painted face in that scene? You mean to add spice to it?

I would think they'll add something else, money bags, weapons stuff, etc.

Maybe they'll add weapons from later in film. Machine Gun, RPG, etc.

They should add a Nurse outfit but that is asking too much from a Joker line they clearly will milk for all it's worth.

And I wholeheartedly agree with WG and gdb, a sculpted mask head would be wussying out, it MUST have a removeable mask, it did in the film. Much cooler.

I say two heads, one with brushed back hair (so the mask can fit) and one with the Jokers Wild hair.

Oh I see, that does make sense I guess...

Actually, it seems as though there's a glaring goof in the opening. You can clearly see Ledger's hair is undyed (i.e. his natural color) up until just before the reveal. Then, you can clearly see the green color to the hair. Also, look at his eyes in the close-up just before the bus crashes through. It doesn't look as though he's wearing the face paint.

I remember see "spy pics" from the set about a year and a half ago that showed Ledger in the Bank Heist costume but without make-up.

So I don't think Heath was in the Joker makeup for the bulk of that scene. The hair color is the biggest tell on that.

That said, it's understandable that some viewers are unsure of what's under the mask.

Actually, it seems as though there's a glaring goof in the opening. You can clearly see Ledger's hair is undyed (i.e. his natural color) up until just before the reveal. Then, you can clearly see the green color to the hair. Also, look at his eyes in the close-up just before the bus crashes through. It doesn't look as though he's wearing the face paint.

I remember see "spy pics" from the set about a year and a half ago that showed Ledger in the Bank Heist costume but without make-up.

So I don't think Heath was in the Joker makeup for the bulk of that scene. The hair color is the biggest tell on that.

That said, it's understandable that some viewers are unsure of what's under the mask.

Ah-Ha! See...?

I didn't think Grumpy had green hair either -- when I say that I mean prior to the reveal. Maybe that's why it stuck with me that he had no make-up on yet. Of course I had forgetten about the whole reveal. I liked the idea that he was just this street punk at that point, starting out at the lowest level.

Truly, I remember very little before the "pencil trick" -- to me, that was his reveal and always will be.

Ah-Ha! See...?

I didn't think Grumpy had green hair either -- when I say that I mean prior to the reveal. Maybe that's why it stuck with me that he had no make-up on yet. Of course I had forgetten about the whole reveal. I liked the idea that he was just this street punk at that point, starting out at the lowest level.

Truly, I remember very little before the "pencil trick" -- to me, that was his reveal and always will be.

Actually Grumpy is the main Bank Goon - the one that gets hit by the bus. :lecture

YES, exactly!!! It would look goofy if there was only one head and if you posed the joker without the mask with his hair back.

Adjusted to me doesn't really count... Diferent times to be compared like this. Adjusted Box Office is just virtual money. And TDK will not get near Titanic. It will top Starwars (with repeated premieres) in a week to be the number#2 domestic. The most optimistic is to stop at 520 million. A few steps from 600 million Titanic. But to be number two is just beyond amazing!!!

Heath filmed the bank holdup without makeup.The reveal was filmed separately,after his hair was dyed and makeup applied.The whole sequence was filmed in IMAX,especially that 'stranger' closeup...remember the first still of him as the Joker?It was him behind a blurred screen with Nolan and cinematographer Wally Pfister right up in his face with the IMAX camera.

If a Bank Robbery Joker is done, I see them offering two heads, one with mask attached with the slick back hair and then a Joker sculpt with the hair back from the "Makes you....Stranger" moment. Most people will take the head with the Joker sculpt like Cannibal Jack and replace the Joker v1 and display the Bank Robbery version with mask on.

Adjusted to me doesn't really count... Diferent times to be compared like this. Adjusted Box Office is just virtual money. And TDK will not get near Titanic. It will top Starwars (with repeated premieres) in a week to be the number#2 domestic. The most optimistic is to stop at 520 million. A few steps from 600 million Titanic. But to be number two is just beyond amazing!!!

remember the film is just out 24 days / 3.4 weeks :google
in that time it already made about as much as Indiana Jones 4 in 81 days / 11.6 weeks for example

afther 81 days / 11.6 weeks I think TDK will definately be number 2 domestic and even at the worldwide box offices...

the question is, will it will break titanics record afther a certain amount of time? hmm I think so...domestic and worldwide.

ps: remember that the film still has to hit theatres in countries as Japan, Germany, France, Russia, and some more countries in eastern europes...so not the least countries huh...

Last edited:
Heath filmed the bank holdup without makeup.The reveal was filmed separately,after his hair was dyed and makeup applied.The whole sequence was filmed in IMAX,especially that 'stranger' closeup...remember the first still of him as the Joker?It was him behind a blurred screen with Nolan and cinematographer Wally Pfister right up in his face with the IMAX camera.

I was wondering what scene that behind-the-scenes pic was from. Thanks!!

remember the film is just out 24 days / 3.4 weeks :google
in that time it already made about as much as Indiana Jones 4 in 81 days / 11.6 weeks for example

afther 81 days / 11.6 weeks I think TDK will definately be number 2 domestic and even at the worldwide box offices...

the question is, will it will break titanics record afther a certain amount of time? hmm I think so...domestic and worldwide.

ps: remember that the film still has to hit theatres in countries as Japan, Germany, France, Russia, and some more countries in eastern europes...so not the least countries huh...

Sorry for the off topic... This is a action figure forum... But In these days, it seems very dificult to make more 180 millions. Dont get me wrong. It would be amazing. But to be #2 is way beyond my hopes for this perfect film. Before the premiere I couldn't imagine Batman would be a record break film...

Batman has no limits... But 600's Titanic Record seem off reach...

Last edited:
Back