more credit card fraud (possible fraud)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnmx2000

Super Freak
Reaction score
upon actually speaking with marc from AEC today and reading an email he sent me, it seems the leak of my info was not in fact from his store, but from else where, here's what he said in the email

Our website is a secure site and is tested and certified daily against hackers. We also do not store your credit card information online. Card information is downloaded daily to a secure location behind a firewall and is password protected, then the card information is erased from our website.

I told him I may have jumped the gun and freaked out and I will continue to shop at his online store.

Last edited:
Re: alter ego comics (possible fraud)

It's Paypal or nothing for me anymore...

Anyone else afraid that with all of these retailers getting hit, big ones that a lot of us use that one day we'll see Sideshow hit? I pray it won't happen but I'd be lying if it isn't in the back of my mind.

yea, this sucks, I've canceled the card and lucky the charges weren't more than 40 bucks combined and my card company is going to get rid of the charges but i'm not sure If I want to keep my pre orders I have with Ego anymore, they are supposed to get jack bauer on monday or tuesday and I'm not sure if I want to give them my other credit card number.

No trouble here. Just checked my account. That truly sucks. I've never had a bad experience with AEC, so it's a shame to see them get hit with this too. Makes me a little nervous what'll come next for online retailers.

I've had this happen to me once,and the best thing I ever did was get a "moneycard" and that's the only one I ever use when shopping on line. It's what I use at SS and BBTS and I never have to worry about people charging anything on it,since I only keep what I'm gonna spend and I only load money right before they charge it. Only problem is that it's not a CC, so you have to have the money ready, but it also keeps me from getting in debt.

I canceled my CC last week, aint taking any chances, only paypal from now on.....

I can't remember, does alter ego comics accept pay pal?

anybody ever have trouble with Big Bad Toystore? i buy from them all the time. i've never had any unknown charges but you never know.

arent alterego and csc the same place? or am i thinking of something else.

Well, I placed several preorders with Alter Ego a few months ago after several board members said how great they are. Now I am freaking out that that card will get hacked and screw up my Sideshow orders at sideshowtoy.com!

Back