Monster File #03: THE VAMPIRE-D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen anyone parting it out. I'm managed to snag the full figure with one for $320. Seems like that is the cheapest around. With it being around $275 plus shipping in the states without it, the price wasn't too bad.

Haven't seen anyone parting it out. I'm managed to snag the full figure with one for $320. Seems like that is the cheapest around. With it being around $275 plus shipping in the states without it, the price wasn't too bad.

It's that expensive in the US? :( Man, I'm glad I live so close to where they're made. I got it for only 245$.

A can't find any reviews on this guy ??

I got mine this week. I can appreciate what they tried to do, but not for me. Swapping arms is easy enough, but the legs are kind of a pain. that said if anyone wants one discounted, hit me up lol

Got my non-international version from ebay today. Of course the female victim had to have issues. A weird clear splotch of paint on the left breast and the paint worn off of the right nipple. Going to have to see about getting a replacement somehow. The figure was completely sealed so it had to have been packaged that way from the factory :slap

I also forgot this version came with a cane as well so that was a nice surprise I wasn't expecting after the issue with the victim (who doesn't appear to be removable from the blood pool like the promo pics showed).

The 'human' form is pretty straight forward and nicely done. The 'bat' form is quite impressive looking, but much like the werewolf, it has some issues. The biggest issue, like the werewolf, is the werewolf is the weight of the monster parts. The arms are pretty heavy, about the same as the werewolf. I've had one arm pop off already due to the weight. The legs don't really support the figure's weight as a majority of the weight rests on those little ankle joints and they just want to splay from under the weight. At least there are some pant cuffs that can be put on around them to hide the joints there. So the figure stand is needed. Unfortunately, the pole doesn't screw in very well into the base. It tends to come out easily.

And the wings. The wings are VERY heavy. I would have thought they'd make these super light, but that's not the case. I can't really tell if they stay in well or not due to the figure not being able to stand well without them, let alone with them. Might need to hunt down a different stand for him and just use the base for the 'human' form.

Overall, he looks great, but will require a bit of work to make him displayable. He isn't one I'd recommend changing poses up on very often. Pick one and stick with it would probably work out best. I honestly feel the biggest issue with the figure is the changeability. They really ought to just include two figures with these - one monster form and one 'human' form. I was lucky and got the necessary parts from TA to display both forms at once and it was just another body, shirt, vest, and jacket. Not much extra really and I think if there was a permanent monster form, the monster parts might be more study than ones made to be removable.

If you liked the Werewolf, you'll probably like this guy too. Other than gravity wanting to wreck havoc with this guy, he looks really nice. A bit overpriced IMO, but most import figures are I suppose. I do really hope they make another monster in this line. I'd still love for them to re-try Frankenstein with a less stupid design.

Got my non-international version from ebay today. Of course the female victim had to have issues. A weird clear splotch of paint on the left breast and the paint worn off of the right nipple. Going to have to see about getting a replacement somehow. The figure was completely sealed so it had to have been packaged that way from the factory :slap

I also forgot this version came with a cane as well so that was a nice surprise I wasn't expecting after the issue with the victim (who doesn't appear to be removable from the blood pool like the promo pics showed).

The 'human' form is pretty straight forward and nicely done. The 'bat' form is quite impressive looking, but much like the werewolf, it has some issues. The biggest issue, like the werewolf, is the werewolf is the weight of the monster parts. The arms are pretty heavy, about the same as the werewolf. I've had one arm pop off already due to the weight. The legs don't really support the figure's weight as a majority of the weight rests on those little ankle joints and they just want to splay from under the weight. At least there are some pant cuffs that can be put on around them to hide the joints there. So the figure stand is needed. Unfortunately, the pole doesn't screw in very well into the base. It tends to come out easily.

And the wings. The wings are VERY heavy. I would have thought they'd make these super light, but that's not the case. I can't really tell if they stay in well or not due to the figure not being able to stand well without them, let alone with them. Might need to hunt down a different stand for him and just use the base for the 'human' form.

Overall, he looks great, but will require a bit of work to make him displayable. He isn't one I'd recommend changing poses up on very often. Pick one and stick with it would probably work out best. I honestly feel the biggest issue with the figure is the changeability. They really ought to just include two figures with these - one monster form and one 'human' form. I was lucky and got the necessary parts from TA to display both forms at once and it was just another body, shirt, vest, and jacket. Not much extra really and I think if there was a permanent monster form, the monster parts might be more study than ones made to be removable.

If you liked the Werewolf, you'll probably like this guy too. Other than gravity wanting to wreck havoc with this guy, he looks really nice. A bit overpriced IMO, but most import figures are I suppose. I do really hope they make another monster in this line. I'd still love for them to re-try Frankenstein with a less stupid design.

Will you display him with a wing? I've given up and will display monster form without. I'm also getting extra shirt, vest, and jacket as well to display both form together (just as I did for werewolf)

I did the same with the Werewolf.

I don't know about the wings yet. I'd love to as they are impressive looking, but the space and stability are certainly issues. Whish he had come with some folded up wings at least so he could still have them, even if not opened up. I'll probably go wingless too though if I'm being honest. A shame, really.

Any pics would be appreciated. Saw a review on YouTube and it looks great.

I am really liking the look of this figure and the werewolf. Fighting the urge to buy them.

You're going to have to pay those ebay prices if you want the victim. Much rarer than the international version, which isn't a huge edition to begin with.

Back