1/6 Mondo-Universal Monsters-Creature From The Black Lagoon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I appreciate the pictures regardless. You were much faster on the trigger than I! :lol

Got mine today: love this thing! Too bad Mondo didn't get the license for more Universal monsters. Hopefully, Trick or Treat doesn't disappoint.

Not too many in hand pics of this guy in here. I have a coupon I was thinking of using to get it at SS. He desperately needs a decent environment stand made for him.

I like it. Lots of nostalgia wrapped up in this one. Definitely not the best it could have been, especially for the price, but it does look nice on display.

I’ll be making two display stand versions, maybe three, for this one. A standard and a deluxe. I think he’ll look even better with a proper diorama stand.

F5E73D58-2860-4BF2-9A0E-87C89895191F.jpeg
8656F4AD-0265-462E-A1A1-279F7652C6B6.jpeg

Your pi
I like it. Lots of nostalgia wrapped up in this one. Definitely not the best it could have been, especially for the price, but it does look nice on display.

I’ll be making two display stand versions, maybe three, for this one. A standard and a deluxe. I think he’ll look even better with a proper diorama stand.

View attachment 530276View attachment 530277
Your pics are making me consider this. Looks really clean and the Gillman is one of my favorites. The expose joints put me off but they look good here

Your pi

Your pics are making me consider this. Looks really clean and the Gillman is one of my favorites. The expose joints put me off but they look good here
I didn’t find the joints to be distracting at all. They seem to be well hidden for most poses. He looks really nice on display.
What’s irritating is that there’s a good size paint rub on his right ankle. Looks like somebody wiped the top coat before it was dry and took some of the paint with it. I hate to have to mess with a replacement from Sideshow because of it but I might have to.

I didn’t find the joints to be distracting at all. They seem to be well hidden for most poses. He looks really nice on display.
What’s irritating is that there’s a good size paint rub on his right ankle. Looks like somebody wiped the top coat before it was dry and took some of the paint with it. I hate to have to mess with a replacement from Sideshow because of it but I might have to.
Yeah yours looks a lot better. I saw the review Michael Crawford did and was pretty turned off. Looking again at his pictures he either got a bad one or all his top lighting is really accentuating the joints.

Back