1/6 Mondo-Universal Monsters-Creature From The Black Lagoon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted the black and white version but the shades of the grey on the head grey much lighter than on the torso. It bothers me.
cbl_2.jpg
vs.
creature-from-the-black-lagoon-silver-screen-variant_universal-monsters_gallery_5fdb958abf958.jpg

This figure looks pretty awesome regardless... look forward to actually seeing in hand to compare him to other 1/6 in terms of size

I wanted the black and white version but the shades of the grey on the head grey much lighter than on the torso. It bothers me.

The color version is afflicted with the same thing looks like. They went a little too heavy with the dark grey/black around the scales. Maybe the actual production figures will look better in-hand?

Last edited:
The color version is afflicted with the same thing looks like. They went a little too heavy with the dark grey/black around the scales. Maybe the actual production figures will look better in-hand?

I think this figure looks awesome and of course we can't judge till we see a production piece. I'm sure Mondo won't disappoint :)

The color one is sold out on Mondo's website, but both are due ship next month. Crossing fingers...

The color one is sold out on Mondo's website, but both are due ship next month. Crossing fingers...

Really? I can't imagine them coming out next month. April, maybe. Chinese New Year is going to pretty much delay everything a month or more like it does every year. :ohbfrank:

I would be so happy if someone were to do a new 1/6 Glenn Strange Frankenstein.

Got an update from Mondo today: pushed back until March now. We shall see if that holds.

I just received a shipping notification for my MONDO 1/6-scale Creature from the Black Lagoon.

(Please be good, please be good, please be good. :pray:) :lol

Just received my shipping notice for both the color and B&W versions to arrive tomorrow. I live in Texas so Mondo’s stuff gets to me quickly.

Got mine today! He is pretty awesome! Box is a magnetic window flap as well! I think the production paint scheme is better than pre production pictures. Joints are nice and tight and the figure itself is very heavy and substantial feeling. All in all great figure!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
View attachment 509588
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg