MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How you gonna show a prototype to a license you don't have? No wonder Sideshow absorbed them. The Alice Cooper, Sons of Anarchy, Street Fighter, and American Werewolf 1/6 lines never came to fruition either I believe.

Sometimes I've seen companies show off prototypes to show the licensor what you can do and/or generate fan interest to get them to grant you the license.

How you gonna show a prototype to a license you don't have? No wonder Sideshow absorbed them. The Alice Cooper, Sons of Anarchy, Street Fighter, and American Werewolf 1/6 lines never came to fruition either I believe.
Sideshow has done it as well for Blade Runner. Normally, the idea is to facilitate conversation with the licensor.

I would rather have nothing than a Sideshow Deckard.

The proto looked OK back then but I think if anyone gets the rights sorted next year it'll be NECA and Hot Toys.

Howard has said he loves the original.

I would rather have nothing than a Sideshow Deckard.

The proto looked OK back then but I think if anyone gets the rights sorted next year it'll be NECA and Hot Toys.

Howard has said he loves the original.
I'm shocked that you would think HT would make Blade Runner figures.

He had his chance to do BR 2049 figures and passed, he's to busy making Star Wars, Marvel, and the occasional DC figure.

This company just put BTTF 3 figures straight up for preorder.

They can still surprise you.

Now where's my 30th anniversary T2 figures 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I hope your right, and I want to see a new T1 endoskeleton so badly, come on HT. :impatient:

The Alice Cooper and SOA figs did release ... but only a handful of people cared. I think maybe two people posted pics of the SOA figures in-hand when they released. It looked like they were a good match to the proto, but the SOA figs were on those silly OEM muscle bodies, so they didn't look that good to start with.

They literally said they're keeping their whole team and everything, wouldn't make any sense for Funko to buy another company and then just switch what they do to what they do like that.

They literally said they're keeping their whole team and everything, wouldn't make any sense for Funko to buy another company and then just switch what they do to what they do like that.
It doesn’t but that’s usually what happens to companies that get bought out. They say nothing is changing when in reality lots of changes, usually bad ones, happen. Funko does some odd and limited exclusives so I could see them making Mondo’s posters even harder to get. But yeah I doubt we see anymore 1:6 outside of maybe MotU. Probably all Mondo figures will cease since Funko can handle toys on their own.

I assume funkos pops are cheap representations and so many get produced so quickly without the need for likeness license, they are more easily purchased through buying impulse.

Then it spirals from 1 to many.

Same. I would take a third party also. I always wanted a Willy Wonka also.

I always think they are popular enough to be wade, so I always held off on making custom versions.

1658394552351.jpg

1658394552275.jpg

Back