Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (Apple+ MonsterVerse TV Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F8G9ufbaUAA_Sy8

I really wish we would see some classic monsters...I guess the rights are too expensive.

Id love to see some of the classic Toho monsters make an appearance.

We need way more Rodan.

Anyone watch this yet?

I see two episodes are on with a new one coming Wed. I am going to wait to watch then as I am just getting over 2nd time Covid (still feel kinda crappy) and my son just got it so we agreed to wait till he starts feeling better.

Just wondering what peeps are thinking

Anyone watch this yet?

I see two episodes are on with a new one coming Wed. I am going to wait to watch then as I am just getting over 2nd time Covid (still feel kinda crappy) and my son just got it so we agreed to wait till he starts feeling better.

Just wondering what peeps are thinking
I watched the first two episodes last night. I'm liking it so far, and was delighted to discover that Matt Fraction, author of the comics Immortal Iron Fist, Hawkeye (the run that inspired the Disney+ series) and Sex Criminals is the co-creator/writer of the show, which in my mind bodes well for its chances to maintain its quality through the rest of the season. I found both the approach to the storytelling as well as the set-up with the characters to be refreshing/intriguing. Edit: Oh, and the monster stuff is good too - no cheap Indy on the train CGI here! :lol

I’m enjoying it so far, but it’s been a lot of building up the characters we’re following so far, so I can’t really judge much.

I will say, so far they’ve done a good job of making you care for characters you’ve only just met.

Well, I am the minority I guess. I've watched the first two episodes and I can confidently say that's enough for me.

This show is nothing more than a vehicle to tell a melodrama. If the characters were written with any semblance of integrity or interesting personalities that would be something but alas, that's not the case.

The characters are as cliché as it gets. The story that's being driven by them is stale and uninspired. It's pretty much checking all the boxes for your average mediocre TV series.

Naturally, there's been very little monster action. Yes, I'm aware it's only two episodes in. But I never had any faith we'd see much of the Titans anyway. I knew better. They'll no doubt throw plenty of Titans in the last two episodes to create hype for another season.

It's just amazing to me that the human element of the show is so unbelievably awful that it's turned me off completely from continuing further. My time is worth more than this.

Well, I am the minority I guess. I've watched the first two episodes and I can confidently say that's enough for me.

This show is nothing more than a vehicle to tell a melodrama. If the characters were written with any semblance of integrity or interesting personalities that would be something but alas, that's not the case.

The characters are as cliché as it gets. The story that's being driven by them is stale and uninspired. It's pretty much checking all the boxes for your average mediocre TV series.

Naturally, there's been very little monster action. Yes, I'm aware it's only two episodes in. But I never had any faith we'd see much of the Titans anyway. I knew better. They'll no doubt throw plenty of Titans in the last two episodes to create hype for another season.

It's just amazing to me that the human element of the show is so unbelievably awful that it's turned me off completely from continuing further. My time is worth more than this.
Not that I had very high hopes for this (and I haven't yet seen the pilot) but yeah, a series about mega monsters without much mega monster action is tricky to pull off. Seems like Godzilla -1 Is the safer bet.

I’ve enjoyed each episode.

I like all the little things like missiles at the ready in Tokyo and the Emergency tests and bunkers. I like that Godzilla’s landing in San Fran is referred to G-day.

I appreciate that it is a prequel that has yet to damage the earlier films but has actually enhanced it.

Wyatt Russel does a bang on vocal impersonation of his dad.

I don’t know. I’m a die hard Godzilla fan and the fact it’s a drama that takes place in a world where Godzilla exists has kept me very entertained.

If I was a casual fan I might not think so highly of it. But compared to most of the Disney Marvel and SW shows, this thing is a borderline masterpiece that has thus far not gone out of its way to insult its fans.

Pleasantly surprised with this. It's got the best human drama since Cranston in 2014, though I did get a kick out of Skull Island's characters as well, caricatures that they were.

You know you care when every time jump frustrates you. :lol "Wait, go back to-- okay, this is also pretty interesti-- wait, go back again!"

My only gripe so far would be the monster designs.

Pleasantly surprised with this. It's got the best human drama since Cranston in 2014, though I did get a kick out of Skull Island's characters as well, caricatures that they were.

You know you care when every time jump frustrates you. :lol "Wait, go back to-- okay, this is also pretty interesti-- wait, go back again!"

My only gripe so far would be the monster designs.
Agree on the human drama aspect of the show - so far so good. As for the monsters, I was fine with the first one they showed. The last one didn't impress until it used its unique power, which fit its environment/habitat.

Back