Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

Here's an interesting link to a brochure on them.

Those familiar with the Lord of the Fallen game will be delighted to find a pic of a Harkyn sculpt.

Oh, and it says there they'll be doing 1:6 and 1:4 action figures... and statuettes! :yess:

How are you guys still seeing these pics? Did you just take screencaps from early this morning? Cuz I'm not seeing anything other than the Contact Us page when I go to their site.

Those familiar with the Lord of the Fallen game will be delighted to find a pic of a Harkyn sculpt.

Oh, and it says there they'll be doing 1:6 and 1:4 action figures... and statuettes! :yess:

Very, very interesting.

The Harkyn figure was a part of the game's collectors edition, so it's already out there.

Yeah, I just noticed that. I'm not familiar with the game. :p

Yeah, that's the first I've heard of this game.

I wonder if the body in that brochure is what they'll be using. It doesn't look very articulated.

There is no way that this is a physical sculpt, just look at the inside corners of the eyes.
Kwc7v7ol-K0.jpg

I find all this highly suspect.........

Too good to be true an honor all these licenses. Most companies struggle to get 1/6 figures to market on a normal timeline......

This all seems way to pie in the sky? Hepburn and a Wilder Wonka!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a pitch deck! They must be looking for investors (i.e., they're a startup).

Lennon looks amazing but I always have a hard time understanding the appeal of figures based on real people rather than characters. I mean, what's his signature weapon? Or iconic action pose?
I always didn't understood, why no one is making even actors like they are in life.Not from just one role.I'm sure any of them have some hobby, which could give possibility to make some accessories.Why always some marvel action needed?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

What is this company?

Here's one of the founder's (Ajay Chadhra) bio:

Starting out in the world of video gaming, Ajay went on to co-found Mega City Games, a video game mail order business. An early forerunner of the Netflix and Gamefly business models, Mega City Games was the first company of its type in the UK.

Managing the rapid growth of his start up venture, Ajay was able to hone the business development, marketing, and management skills he would carry into this next role as Co-Founder of Planet Distribution, a prominent independent distributor of console, hardware, software and gaming products. Working to help grow the value proposition of Planet Distribution for over a decade, Ajay was able to see the company to over $60 million in annual revenue before it was sold to Big Ben Interactive in 2000.

Co-Founding Ignition Entertainment, a worldwide publisher and developer of software games, with his partner in April 2002, Ajay oversaw the company's worldwide sales and distribution and also worked to secure and brand software titles for the US market and cultivate software development partners. With the help of a controlling share investment by UTV Software Communication, Ignition Entertainment expanded to include offices in the US, UK, and Japan.

Moving to Los Angeles in 2007, Ajay spearheaded Ignition Entertainment's US business development and marketing initiatives in his new role as Head of Publishing. By sourcing, developing, and successfully marketing numerous titles, Ajay solidified his understanding of targeted marketing strategy and marketing best practices. Accepting his current business development role at TVGla, a digital marketing agency, in 2010, Ajay has focused on the use of cutting edge digital technology to support both national and international advertising and marketing initiatives for corporate brands as well as entertainment properties.

And after all that, he's going to be making 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures....?

I'm sorry, that bio makes me think of...

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Intrigued by this, that sculpt is amazing:clap

What is this company?

Here's one of the founder's (Ajay Chadhra) bio:

Starting out in the world of video gaming, Ajay went on to co-found Mega City Games, a video game mail order business. An early forerunner of the Netflix and Gamefly business models, Mega City Games was the first company of its type in the UK.

Managing the rapid growth of his start up venture, Ajay was able to hone the business development, marketing, and management skills he would carry into this next role as Co-Founder of Planet Distribution, a prominent independent distributor of console, hardware, software and gaming products. Working to help grow the value proposition of Planet Distribution for over a decade, Ajay was able to see the company to over $60 million in annual revenue before it was sold to Big Ben Interactive in 2000.

Co-Founding Ignition Entertainment, a worldwide publisher and developer of software games, with his partner in April 2002, Ajay oversaw the company's worldwide sales and distribution and also worked to secure and brand software titles for the US market and cultivate software development partners. With the help of a controlling share investment by UTV Software Communication, Ignition Entertainment expanded to include offices in the US, UK, and Japan.

Moving to Los Angeles in 2007, Ajay spearheaded Ignition Entertainment's US business development and marketing initiatives in his new role as Head of Publishing. By sourcing, developing, and successfully marketing numerous titles, Ajay solidified his understanding of targeted marketing strategy and marketing best practices. Accepting his current business development role at TVGla, a digital marketing agency, in 2010, Ajay has focused on the use of cutting edge digital technology to support both national and international advertising and marketing initiatives for corporate brands as well as entertainment properties.

And after all that, he's going to be making 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures....?

I'm sorry, that bio makes me think of...

hqdefault.jpg
Maybe another company with same name?

Maybe another company with same name?

Got the guy's name from the pitch book (link attached) with the same molecule8 logo. If its the same company they seem scattered in so many directions who the hell knows what their real aim here is.

My enthusiasm for this mystery company with all the familiar licenses has dropped significantly.

I doubt highly they will be sharing 1/6 with anyone unless they somehow pulled the license out from under them (Asmus with LOTR comes to mind).

My guess is most of this will be 1/4 or busts, not 1/6 scale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not buying unless they make Yoko & Julian.

I'm very suspicious. It does all sound too good to be true. This company looks and sounds too perfect. Too busy sounding off about how awesome their people are with very little to prove it.

Not buying.

Not even buying the inevitable recast:

bootlegbeatles.gif

But watching this company to see if they do make some sixth scale that is interesting.
What do you mean about recast?It's incredible beautiful sculp of Lenon

Obviously they meant quality for quality.

Back