Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I've actually kept mine on order suppose to be 2 weeks we'll see.

I've only kept it so salvage for parts and to possibly cut the body open.
Might end using the imagine outfit and using the Kumik sculpt. I already have the 1:6 piano :rotfl

You're gonna give these mooks 300 dollars of your money just to use the second rate parts to kitbash your own figure?
Boy you crazy.

I'd love for this to sell out, for make M8 money, they learn from their mistakes and release a better product next time but I'm not banking on it. We could use more good 1/6 companies. If they do release a Wonka and reviews say its quality then I'd place an order but never again preorder after the Jon Lemon ****show.

First impression is everything...even more ina bussines venture, this company have shown a LOT of problems in so many levels and areas that.....truly....one can not expect them to change, in my very personal opinion, if they can not deliver their first "premiun/1/6 Icon" that at least if they had deliver the "promised 1/6 design and product revolution" in quality, detail and execution could have at least....tone down the bad experience most customer had or still having with this preorder....what make you think they will change or make WONKA better....they could not deliver a Lennon....a much more simple figure to do in so many areas and details than Wonka, the clothing alone is miles apart in complicated design and COLORS..."imagine" if they could not get the color and detail of the Lennon army green shirt...how...they could even try on Wonka suit!!!....and the hair....THE HAIR!!!....LOOK at that Lennon Playmobil..(wich they look more realistic than M8 Lennon) hairpiece....now "imagine" the mess they could do on Wonka hair style!!!...wich by itself...was a trademark of this Iconic and beloved actor in real life!!

First impression is everything...even more ina bussines venture, this company have shown a LOT of problems in so many levels and areas that.....truly....one can not expect them to change, in my very personal opinion, if they can not deliver their first "premiun/1/6 Icon" that at least if they had deliver the "promised 1/6 design and product revolution" in quality, detail and execution could have at least....tone down the bad experience most customer had or still having with this preorder....what make you think they will change or make WONKA better....they could not deliver a Lennon....a much more simple figure to do in so many areas and details than Wonka, the clothing alone is miles apart in complicated design and COLORS..."imagine" if they could not get the color and detail of the Lennon army green shirt...how...they could even try on Wonka suit!!!....and the hair....THE HAIR!!!....LOOK at that Lennon Playmobil..(wich they look more realistic than M8 Lennon) hairpiece....now "imagine" the mess they could do on Wonka hair style!!!...wich by itself...was a trademark of this Iconic and beloved actor in real life!!

pacman-original.jpg

Well I just got a bit of good news. I chatted with Sideshow and found out because of how long the delays were on this figure,I could cancel it and not lose my NRD. Even though I had already got an NRD back on a previous figure I had canceled.

Do you think that others who sold the license rights to Molecule late will see the final product for the Lennon and have second thoughts about having their figure represented by this company? Or do you think money in hand is more important than the outcome to the original rights holder?

Do you think that others who sold the license rights to Molecule late will see the final product for the Lennon and have second thoughts about having their figure represented by this company? Or do you think money in hand is more important than the outcome to the original rights holder?

Money talks, the license would’ve went to whichever company paid even if it was these clowns

It kinda sucks because the 1:6 community have been wanting Wonka for years! I'd like to see them improve and learn from Lennon to create wonka but I know it won't go down like that.

Another thing is Wonka will also have a designed body what's the point he doesn't have any flesh showing apart from his head and hands.

awful- there are so many issues on this i can't begin to list them- needless to say a knock-off would look better than this

I get the sense that those who sold the rights to Molecule, are not collectors of 1/6 scale figures. As such, they don't have a reference point (or maybe even care) to judge. Maybe to them, this prototype? looks fantastic!!! Which it would, if you were accustomed to looking at Barbie dolls or other ToysRUs type product.

I get the sense that those who sold the rights to Molecule, are not collectors of 1/6 scale figures. As such, they don't have a reference point (or maybe even care) to judge. Maybe to them, this prototype? looks fantastic!!! Which it would, if you were accustomed to looking at Barbie dolls or other ToysRUs type product.

This is the case almost 100% of the time. Especially with older licenses.
And then there is the fact that many of them will also not care that much. They got paid up front and the check didn't bounce. Involvement over! :D

Very true.

I find it hilarious that M8 are still saying the colour of the shirt hasn't changed and it's just the lighting, when people can clearly see that the patch is still the right shade of green, while the shirt it has been sewn on to is a completely different (brownish) colour entirely.

M8 strike me as the kind of people who think they have turned invisible whenever they shut their eyes...

I don't think the fabric is the same but lighting can affect fabrics differently. It has to do with the dyes and how they reflect light. Some can color shift a lot while others less so. Same goes for paint. This figure looks like ____ but they aren't wrong about how lighting can affect things.

Maybe the face paint is so heavy handed they had to desaturate the entire photo to make it look normal. Which made the fabric look so different.

Because, conspiracy.

Maybe the lighting did effect tho color, that's a possibility but did the lighting also change the material, resize the buttons and alter the cut of the shirt?

Back