Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Anyone know the eta on these and is it first come first serve my order number is 3044 so will I be at the back of the queue?

Anyone know the eta on these and is it first come first serve my order number is 3044 so will I be at the back of the queue?

The numbers are quirky; when I ordered I’m quite sure I was the at least first 10-20 person who paid yet my number was 669; I even checked with Molecule8 that time and they told me I was first few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The numbers are quirky; when I ordered I’m quite sure I was the at least first 10-20 person who paid yet my number was 669; I even checked with Molecule8 that time and they told me I was first few.

I only ordered mine a few weeks ago so I guess I will be.

I only ordered mine a few weeks ago so I guess I will be.

Oh icic, wow you’re taking a bet on it. I have advised collectors on osr not to order until physical figure being released

It's possible you were the first 10-20 ppl that paid individually, but the first 650 were probably already taken by distributors.

It's possible you were the first 10-20 ppl that paid individually, but the first 650 were probably already taken by distributors.

No man; that time they were looking for distributors. My friends’ shops in Malaysia were asked about being distributor but non of them interested as there aren’t prototype to begin with. Then came the Hong Kong toycon, they saw the half baked product, were shocked to find it to be 1/7 scale, underscaled which they then asked m8 on their page and eventually leading most them blocked.

Uhm...you guys know that there is no figure right...?

No man; that time they were looking for distributors. My friends’ shops in Malaysia were asked about being distributor but non of them interested as there aren’t prototype to begin with. Then came the Hong Kong toycon, they saw the half baked product, were shocked to find it to be 1/7 scale, underscaled which they then asked m8 on their page and eventually leading most them blocked.

Wait, what? So if this thing ever does show up people are going to find themselves saddled with a midget Lennon?

Wait, what? So if this thing ever does show up people are going to find themselves saddled with a midget Lennon?

That’s was last year at Hong Kong con, remember there were all these photos surfacing on fb groups?
e58f772e9f4fe8ea64db0e5463cccccd.jpg

A lot of figure companies were there and I know most them, all them claimed that it is definitely underscaled. But again that’s the half baked prototype.

This is awesome! Even funnier if true

That’s was last year at Hong Kong con, remember there were all these photos surfacing on fb groups?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180426/e58f772e9f4fe8ea64db0e5463cccccd.jpg[IMG]

A lot of figure companies were there and I know most them, all them claimed that it is definitely underscaled. But again that’s the half baked prototype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I remember the photos, but word of it being closer to 1/7 scale must have gotten lost in translation. Hilarious if true :rotfl

I remember the photos, but word of it being closer to 1/7 scale must have gotten lost in translation. Hilarious if true :rotfl

I trust their comments since they’re very experience in producing 1/6 scale

I saw the prototype in person, by memory it wasn't smaller to a point where its 1 scale smaller.

If you put it next to say... an HT it might a little bit shorter (couldn't tell), but with confidence, it was not drastically small.

There were other figures displayed nearby in the cabinets beside it.

DID stuff, Pangea, other brands. So that, to my knowledge is not true.

Imagine John's one-seventh,
It's easy if you try,
In the shadow of a hobbit,
Or staring Rocket in the eye

Imagine dwarves and midgets
Looking undersized...

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Well, M8 has missed out...they’ve missed the window of opportunity. I’ve been in this forum for years, and when Lennon was first publicized, I was really excited as I’m a big Beatles fan. I was going to buy the figure and also use the extra sculpt to match some Pepper sculpts that I had. The rendering looked fabulous...

After almost a year (with nothing but renderings), Kumik came out with their Lennon head. I bought two. Quite good, reasonably cheap! It solved my problem! No need for me to wait for, or buy anything from M8!

Now that the kumik sculpt is out, why would anyone want to buy this (1/7!) figure even if it does show up? I really appreciate this thread! Bailed me out...I feel sorry for those that don’t know about it. Take a look...

02a4fdd7ffe4d80479874b9582c554bb.jpeg

cd78c09597519e3fd5bef08e1d2ef673.jpg

eb1abba52d5c3c818dc18afd67392971.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember quite a few people who saw it at that expo saying it as undersized, particularly the sculpt in comparison to the body.

Back