Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing I’ve seen has been enough to put me off ordering Wonka. In fact a lot of people weren’t put off buying Lennon, enough it would seem to keep Molecule8 in business.

I personally feel that Molecule8 have learned some valuable lessons from how Lennon went down and already we’re seeing Wonka being handled differently.

Roll on December (and yes I do believe we will see the first batch of figures in December).

I also feel it will run smoother than Lennon. Yoko is known for changing her mind also if they use a standard body for this that will save time. I won't bank on December though.

I also feel it will run smoother than Lennon. Yoko is known for changing her mind also if they use a standard body for this that will save time. I won't bank on December though.

Plus it’s already been in development for a year and you now don’t get anything with it! Should be a breeze, hell let’s say November...

Evolution of Wonka sculpts

Rainmans
-1345109571547384689.jpg

Rocco
6ujany7a.jpg

Mg2065
15c153f4566a74ebe03570a9c3a89de4.jpg

Synderman v1 and v2
s-l1600.jpg
o.jpg

Molecule8 - Mike Hill

37710059_650250985344826_3349978768943874048_n.jpg
wonka_18_retouched.jpg

Boy, and everybody thinks Indy's likeness is hard to capture. Some of those Wilder's are pretty scary.

So far Joy's sculpt... especially the v2 is the winner. I think the M8 one has potential; just hard to see through the sickly looking paint job.

That was / is an incredible accessory set. Some of my favorite work. I would buy another if you did a new run of it.

As for Mike5401 - your extra's set was some of the best work I've seen the upgrade for the guys I'd imagine would be highly wanted!

Mike, there is no way they can top your accessories, especially the cane.

Thanks guy's I really appreciate it! It really means a lot to me that you think that. Believe me though that set can be improved! :)

So far Joy's sculpt... especially the v2 is the winner. I think the M8 one has potential; just hard to see through the sickly looking paint job.

I have to agree on that I currently have that sculpt on my Wonka set and it's really nice. Although I'm not keen on the style of sculpting it's likeness is great.
If they repainted it properly and had the eyes corrected on M8s I think it would be greater.

PO’d from BBTS. I’ll see how it looks when it releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how its done, did the same for Lennon and passed after the goose neck. I doubt this will have that problem for two reasons.

1 This figure has high collars to cover the neck line
2 They may use a different body

Snyderman has a knack for nailing a likeness.

Never understood why their work isn't more popular. A lot of newer collectors feel the sculpt has to be over textured and have real hair to be a good likeness. The pictures posted of various Wonkas demonstrate that fallacy. Having followed the work of Joy and Tom Studios for over 20 years when it comes to capturing a character's likeness and personality few sculptors are more consistent than Joy Snyder. They also deserve kudos for promoting this hobby since before many current collectors were even born. Joy did the head for this custom 12 inch Wonka that appeared in Toyfare magazine in the early 2000s.
Wonka_1.jpg

Never understood why their work isn't more popular. A lot of newer collectors feel the sculpt has to be over textured and have real hair to be a good likeness. The pictures posted of various Wonkas demonstrate that fallacy. Having followed the work of Joy and Tom Studios for over 20 years when it comes to capturing a character's likeness and personality few sculptors are more consistent than Joy Snyder. They also deserve kudos for promoting this hobby since before many current collectors were even born. Joy did the head for this custom 12 inch Wonka that appeared in Toyfare magazine in the early 2000s.

Cool background info, I never knew anything about Snyderman beyond the great sculpts :duff

Im REALLY surprised by the response to this figure. The prototype sculpt ALWAYS looks better than the released sculpt and in this case its nowhere near the quality (sculpt and paint) of HT, BLITZWAY, etc.. If this is the protoype, how is the final release going to look??
And just like Lennon, a preorder WITHOUT a full proto figure and peeps are pre-ordering??? I am in AWE............

Cool background info, I never knew anything about Snyderman beyond the great sculpts :duff

Their web site hasn't been updated for a long time but it has a lot of the prototypes they did for prepainted statues and some heads from the first couple of seasons of Robot Chicken. I think there is also some of the work pictured they did while working for Disney in Orlando. Their resume is pretty incredible. A ton of work that was put out by two people.

Wonka_1.jpg

I like Tom and Joy - my only issue is the sculpts I've bought especially wonka don't fit on neck pegs. He is trying to sort that issue which is super cool!
Their sculpts have a great likeness but lack realism, they have a cartoon sorta look to them but the likeness is defo the best.

Back