Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good thing that Wonka is their second figure, seeing as how most folks here have more love for the character than Lennon. It would've been super disappointing to see them make first release mistakes on this.

It's a good thing that Wonka is their second figure, seeing as how most folks here have more love for the character than Lennon. It would've been super disappointing to see them make first release mistakes on this.

Full agreement on this - Wonka has been on many collectors list of wants for years, I'd rather the mistakes on Lennon than Wonka.
I reckon we'll see an Ompa in the same way Lennon's guitar did, I'd imagine they go for Rusty Goffe so probably figuring out likeness and want to hold back some . I'm super curious to see how the clothing looks on this one

As for Mike5401 - your extra's set was some of the best work I've seen the upgrade for the guys I'd imagine would be highly wanted!

I applaud M8 for trying to give us decent licenses..... here's hoping this isn't another Lennon situation.

I think just manage expectation and you'll be fine.

Don't pre-order, and don't expect them to deliver in December 2017. Will likely be June or July 2019.

This won't be sold out through pre-orders.

If the accessories suck I'll do another run of mine including the cane! I'm really looking forward to this, I regret having to sell my custom Wonka and Oompa.

Mike, there is no way they can top your accessories, especially the cane.

They listed the body as fully poseable "traditional" articulated body for a variety of display gestures and poses. I take that as a regular body with magnets for the base, in the boots.

Preorder up at big bad toys says December arrival date we shall see. Ordered.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Brand=1289

Product Features
1/6 Scale
Digital modeling used along with traditional sculpting
Top hat specially designed to fit naturally on figure’s head
Cane with ornate design and ivory-like finish on the handle
Intricately detailed boots to match those worn in the film
Box Contents
Willy Wonka figure
2 Heads
4 Hands
Purple velvet texture coat
Waistcoat with custom printed fabric and golden buttons
Tan bow tie
White dress shirt
Tailored tan trousers
Detailed cane accessory
Top hat
Detailed boots with magnetic soles
White tempered glass display stand with magnetic features

Last edited:
cfa.png

My guess is normal body....... I wish they'd do something with the base though. White was perfect for Lennon but not for Wonka :rotfl

View attachment 420278

It does read like it’s going to be a normal plastic body, but then it also will have a magnetic base. Last I checked, plastic isn’t magnetic so I wonder how they’re going to achieve that effect...

It does read like it’s going to be a normal plastic body, but then it also will have a magnetic base. Last I checked, plastic isn’t magnetic so I wonder how they’re going to achieve that effect...

Um... Magnets in the shoes?

EB Ip Man has magnets in the shoes and stands fine.

Yup. Magnetic bases aren't some magic and wondrous new revolutionary product from M8. And it's not like the Lennon figure in the sandals stands very well on its own. A metal Phicen imitation doesn't equate to stands sturdy. Give me a plastic body any day over seamless. I've got this on PO by the way in case I get accused of bashing.

Lennon has magnets in the boots and sandals. Body doesn't affect it. The boots work well but the sandals do t fit tightly enough to hold the figure up securely. Wonka would t be an issue as his boots go above the ankles

I can't believe after everything that's happened, people are still pre-ordering Willy Wonka.

The sculpt is actually quite good. The paint not so much. Wonder how big of a drop off this will have in production. How are they fitting a hat on that hair? There are two sculpts. Are they including a third head?

I can't believe after everything that's happened, people are still pre-ordering Willy Wonka.

Nothing I’ve seen has been enough to put me off ordering Wonka. In fact a lot of people weren’t put off buying Lennon, enough it would seem to keep Molecule8 in business.

I personally feel that Molecule8 have learned some valuable lessons from how Lennon went down and already we’re seeing Wonka being handled differently.

Roll on December (and yes I do believe we will see the first batch of figures in December).

Back