Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch the real Wonka movie every time I see it on, including the first time it was ever on tv. The remake, I watched once, and that was enough.

There is talk that they are rebooting Willy Wonka... with a younger take on the character before he doled out the Golden Tickets. Rumor has it that Ezra Miller, Ryan Gosling and Donald Glover are in the running for the title role.

Thoughts?

There is talk that they are rebooting Willy Wonka... with a younger take on the character before he doled out the Golden Tickets. Rumor has it that Ezra Miller, Ryan Gosling and Donald Glover are in the running for the title role.

Thoughts?

Nope leave the classics alone - Films like Willy Wonka, Wizard of Oz are timeless you can never better the original!
Always baffles me how Roald Dahl hated the original but apparently would of approved of the Depp version.

Nope leave the classics alone - Films like Willy Wonka, Wizard of Oz are timeless you can never better the original!
Always baffles me how Roald Dahl hated the original but apparently would of approved of the Depp version.

Just like Stephen King hated the Kubrick Shining and lauded that half-assed made for TV movie with the guy from Wings :lol

I dig that sculpt by Joy and Tom; definitely captures the spirit of Wilder's Wonka.

Just discovered this thread. Already have the Rainman version, but following this with interest.
What is the story from the people who pre-ordered this nearly a year ago? Have there been any updates from the company over the last year?

Thoughts?

This is the first I have heard about it. Although nothing can touch the original, if done well, could be a great companion piece. If they base the character on Wilder's portrayal and not a different vision, then I am all for it.

I have always heard that Roald Dahl, who wrote the script to the Wilder version, took issue with the producer's decision to hire Antony Newley to pen the songs that turned the film into a musical. He thought that tonally they didn't match what he wrote. I tend to agree. Although I grew to love these songs, "Cheer Up Charlie" and "I've Got A Golden Ticket" are WAY too cheery for the rest of the film.

And I think it's problematic at best to suggest that Dahl would have approved of the Burton version.

This is the first I have heard about it. Although nothing can touch the original, if done well, could be a great companion piece. If they base the character on Wilder's portrayal and not a different vision, then I am all for it.

I agree... IF they base the portrayal on Wilder. I'm assuming that that is the reason why Ryan Gosling is in the mix. It's easy to see that he could possibly carry on if they go that direction.

But word is that Donald Glover has the edge.

I think Gosling would be a good choice. So if they, go with Glover, are we to believe that Wonka was African American when he was younger.

Updated info on the Wonka page the sculpt looks bloody amazing! But no Ompa mentioned.

Quarter 3 2018

Willy Wonka Figure

12” Willy Wonka figure with 30 points of articulation
Two (2) interchangeable Willy Wonka head expressions
Four (4) interchangeable hand poses
Fully tailored fabric costume
Purple velvet texture coat
Waistcoat with custom printed fabric and golden buttons
Tan bow tie
White dress shirt
Tailored tan trousers
Wonka’s iconic cane with faux ivory handle
Top hat specially designed to fit on Wonka figure’s head
Detailed boots with magnetic soles
Magnetic figure stand with tempered glass
First 1,000 are sequentially numbered

Last edited:
I went to Molecule 8's website looking for new pics and found this one.

Looks like there isn't much progress on it. Hmmm.

IMG_7212.jpg

Not sure if I like the mouth.

Last edited:
Back