Moebius 1/6 LIS B-9 Robot kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax murderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a project I recently completed(this week,to be precise).As an Easter gift my wife gave me the Moebius 1/6 LIS Robot kit,plus photo-etch parts and a lighting circuit,all from CulTVMan.The kit is a thing of beauty,well cast,nicely detailed and not to difficult to assemble.Granted,I've been building plastic models since I was 5,but I think even a novice wouldn't have too much trouble with this guy.I had a bit of trouble with the lights,as I wanted to add some to the "brain-box",but a friend with more electronics skills than I pointed me in the right direction and the kit is now complete..
With the HT Chewbacca,which arrived this week;the chest lights aren't quite this bright in person...

but it's a near thing.
I'm very satisfied with how this one turned out.He(it?)should go nicely with what is becoming quite a collection f 1/6 droids(R2,Robby,a couple of Cylons etc.).Pix on request...PS

I have mine still in the box and also have the lights from CulTVMan. I hope I am able to do as nice a job as you did. I'm a little worried about installing the lights though.

Installing the basic board(did you get one pre-assembled?)is fairly easy;it just slides into place;I used a little hot-glue to keep everything in place.Granted,I complicated my own life by adding lights to the "brain-box",but that was my own fault,and the results were worth it. I also added a few tricks to make the battery more stable and easier to get to,which I will happily share with anyone who asks...PS

Thanks, I would love to eventually add lights to the bubble, but that would take someone much more skilled than myself.

Don't sell yourself short;I managed it,and my only claim to skill with electronics is a fairly neat hand with a soldering pencil...PS

Don't sell yourself short;I managed it,and my only claim to skill with electronics is a fairly neat hand with a soldering pencil...PS

Well, one thing in my favor is that I'm a perfectionist. The one big problem is that I'm a perfectionist.:slap

I have this model (along with about a jillion others) sitting in my basement waiting to be built. The perfectionist in me keeps me from tackling these for fear I'll jack them up. The last model I took from start to completion was the Polar Lights reissue of the Aurora Seaview - a weekend kit at best. I ended up spending the better part of three weeks on that stinkin' thing as I was determined to incorporate working doors on a flying sub launch bay in the nose of the ship. The experience was so exasperating, I haven't attempted a build since - and that was 12 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this model (along with about a jillion others) sitting in my basement waiting to be built. The perfectionist in me keeps me from tackling these for fear I'll jack them up. The last model I took from start to completion was the Polar Lights reissue of the Aurora Seaview - a weekend kit at best. I ended up spending the better part of three weeks on that stinkin' thing as I was determined to incorporate working doors on a flying sub launch bay in the nose of the ship. The experience was so exasperating, I haven't attempted a build since - and that was 12 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how you feel. I'm always afraid that I will screw them up. My last one was the Moebius Chariot. It has been almost two years and I still haven't finished it. I was really hesitant with the paint on the clear shell. I masked everything and never got back to it.

Buck up,boys.Wrong attitude.Don't be afraid of them.Give it your best and be proud of the results.The only reason to put yourself under that kind of pressure is if you're getting paid for the build.If it's just for your own enjoyment,then just enjoy it...PS

Back